Update on baby bun buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njpal

Reaction score
Hi all. The babies are now nearly 5 days old andare growing and moving ever so quickly now. I handled a few of thebaies today and they seemed like a very adventurous bunch.

I have attached somepics.I'mafraidquality might not be sogood. All the photos i took have comeblurry so Ididn't attach the close upsof the babiesunfortunately. Time to get a digital camera??

Our nest box is home made and is quite large. The litter seem to bemiving around andtoday when I checked 2 were away from therest. Is this natural or should I place everyone back in the centeragain???

Also I noticed a few black spotson some of the babies pinkskin. Does it mean that they will have colouredpatches inthis area or something??

Riya Babe. Technically not a baby anymore, but she'll always be our BABY.

CUTEEEEE!

Here's a birds eye view of the nest Riya made.The babies are buried deep into the fur where they would very cosy andwarm and so are not visible.

Central fur parted. Those pinky things are her babies. (Hard to make out details, sorry!)

Here's Riya shortly after her delivery. What a CUTIEEE!

Riya is v. intelligent and can find her food wherever we hide it.

Riya reaching for her food. (She can become VERY long when she stretches).

We hope all her babies turn out to be as cute as her.

Another cute one of her. I will try and postbabypics as soon as I can, but in the meantime,someonepleasehelp with my questions in very firstpost.

THANKS.

Sometimes the babies will get warm and crawlaway to cool off a bit, and as long as there are 2-3 babies groupedtogether, they should be warm enough. By now they arestarting to get their own fur and by next week they won't really needall of mom's fur that much.

I think they'll be just fine, but someone that has more experience with babies may be able to give you more information.

--Dawn

PS: Mom and babies are so cute, keep the pictures coming!!

Back