Update 6 months later

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormrReaper

Reaction score
I still have. Issues with baily. To the point im thinking of outs.

She refuses to do anything but shot and hide under my bed I moved bc of this rabbit. I wanna snap her and just be done with it.

This whole situation sucks. She doesn't like pets.
Doesn't like anything.
Stomps almost 25/4 I hate it.

I buy expensive rabbit food.

Name brand hay bc she is so picky.

Guck her I'd spend less on a dog and get more satisfaction I hate that I feel this towards her. But God ****. She is stupid. Like I just wish she'd drop from natural causes I Give up

Maybe she/he's just extremely scared/shy. How about buying a playpen And after that you must put your rabbit in that playpen including yourself, spend time with him/her... Rabbits are prey animals so let him/her come to you, don't carry him/her, rabbits don't like being carried. Do this everyday with your rabbit and include some treats while your at it for example is carrots you can also hand feed him/her if you like. Do this until she fully trusts you

I may not be an expert to rabbits but me and my rabbit is aren't that close yet because the playpen I ordered has been cancelled due to the covid-19 situation. Though she's not shy or running away when I'm trying to pet her or getting near her. Maybe I hand feed her a lot.

I think it's reached the point where rehoming through a reputable rabbit rescue may be a good idea for you. As miserable as you are and stressed out as she is, it may just not be a good fit. While I love my rabbits, I know they aren't the pet for everyone (same for birds, dogs, and cats). House Rabbit Society may be a good contact, do some research on rescues in your area. Good luck

Maybe you should rehome her, sometimes the bunnies personality and the pet won't fit the owner. Some bunnies also need a lot more time and work to get them to build a bond with the owner, which make it hard for an owner to handle and you will need a lot more patient. It can take years building a bond with a bunny that's skittish and stressed. Which is something not all people can handle and do, it all come to our own personality traits.

Myself have a bunny that still run aways from me and I have had him nearly for 2 years, he have done a lot of process. But if I'm not a patient and calm person, I would litteraly have a melt down and given up a long time ago. The process have been so slow and time consuming, I had wanted to give up many times and just rehome him but I still have him. It's quite hard to reach my breaking point.

I think no person really want to take care of an extremly skittish and for my part an highly aggressive bunny. You want to build a connection and also feel that you can get something out from it, at least find a bit of joy of owning a pet and letting them become a part of your family.

So in your cause it might be best to rehome her and find a home that will work with her.

Latest posts

Back