Up or Down?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
Just curious, what is your favorite...flop or not?

FrenchLop_WEB.jpg

TanCA2.jpg

(Drawings compliments of Pamnock)

-Carolyn

WOW!!!! Pam is really GIFTED!!! :shock: Great work, Pam! :cool:

I'm been a firm lover of the "uppies" in the past, but Sebastian and Fauna have been turning me to the "lop" side as of late.

Aw, shucks ... I love 'em both!!! :D

Lops, I have fallen in love with lops.

Ever since seeing Fauna and Sebastian's pictures, I've wanted to get myself a Holland Lop, but my parents wont let me! :(

I'm with most ofthe rest of you. I haveALWAYS loved the straight ears, but the buns on here are making methink I should explore other options

rabbit_looking_around_hg_clr.gif

I have both! :D:D

I love the teddy bear cuteness of a floppy-eared lop, and how the earsbounce up and down when they run. Even better is when they have partialcontrol, and can cock or lift their ears slightly. Too cute!!

But there is something to be said for the classic "upright" look, verywild rabbit-esque. The next bun I get with large, upright ears will benamed "Radar". The way Rex orients his ears to sound cracks me up (buthe was already named :))!

Up ears more expressive to me, but cannot denythe joy factor of beholding a mini-lop's ears flopping around as shegambols around in the back yard. Nor, can I get over"two-ton" Missy trying to do a graceful and demure binky, and withthose ears, it just doesn't happen that way

Buck.

Pam,

Where do the V-ears originate from? Don't they respond to sounds likean up earred rabbit? With all that fur, it must be hard to tell wherethey're facing. *laughs* I can't stand doing my own hair let alonetaking on a beast like that.

That's a beautiful beautiful picture of Matthew. I love your artwork.Being an ARBA judge, you know how each angle goes. I hope you utilizethat and make stationary and cards with your talent. Thank you forsharing it. :)

I, too, have both. A Holland Lop and a Polish. Knowing that our lovefor one doesn't take away from another, I have to say, I do giggle alot when I watch the way Tucker, my Polish, uses his ears. There aretimes where he'll have one ear pointed in the direction of Fauna andthe other ear pointed in my direction or to the room in general.Whenever I talk to him, I can tell he's listening because at least oneear darts towards my voice.

That said, I don't know when Fauna's listening to me. I truly didn'tthink she knew her name. During the last visit that Buck and his Bridewere here, the Missus tested it out on her own and said to me,"Carolyn! Fauna knows her name! I just said, 'Hi Fauna' and she lookedright at me."

After a few 'incidents' here at the house, I've realized, the Missus isexactly correct. She sure does know her name! She exercises selectivehearing, and she fooled me with those lops.

-Carolyn

m.e., Radar is such a great name! :dude:

Good point. I do love the way my boys use theirears to show their attention. It makes them look all the more cute,devious, and that's why I love them so much!

I like straight ears, they're fun to play with :)

You can flick 'em and press them down and they bounce right back up. hehehehe.

The "V" ear carriage is a result of breeding awider, weaker ear base. This is a desired trait in somebreeds including the English Angora (wide V), Giant Angora (close V),Beveren, Harlequin, Hotot andRhinelander.

Pam

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
I like straight ears, they're fun to play with :)

You can flick 'em and press them down and they bounce right back up. hehehehe.
I love playing with Sherman's ears! ... and he loves for me to play with them!!! :D

Latest posts

Back