Unusually Calm Holland Lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasticbunny

Reaction score
For those who don't know, I work in a pet store.

Last week, we recieved our latest shipment of bunnies. Included in the shipment was a teeny, puffy little agouti lop. I have a severe weakness for Holland Lops, and agouti's, but the boyfriend has pointed out that I have 6 animals and he is not willing to live with one more :(.

Anyway, I've been sucking every moment out of this bunny since she arrived. Considering it's my, ahem, responsibility to socialize all of the adorable and fuzzy animals. And I have to say, she is the sweetest, calmest rabbit I have ever handled. You can pick her up without her kicking, and she actually fell asleep in my hands the other day. And the licking... Don`t even get me started on the licking. If you hold her under your chin, she`ll lick your neck!

BUT, she the thing is, she seems a little too calm. She falls asleep with one paw in the food dish, and like I said, she never kicks when she`s handled.Some employees areactually a little concerned that she may be ill, though there is no sign of this whatsoever. And would a sick, lethargic bunny eagerly lick a stranger? To be sure, we've put her on hold until Wednesday.

What do you guys think? Does she sound sick to you? Or is she just the sweetest bunny to ever live?

Sounds like a sweet bunny our Ringo is like that. As is was our Dallas (RIP)

Sounds like she needs to be shipped to Auntie Shiloh! I love sweet lops :D Sorry I know that's not helpful. How old is she? Is she secluded in her own little cage so you can see if she's pooping and peeing? Does she binky?

Lol :biggrin:

She's about 8 weeks, and she's not in her own cage, but I've seen her poop and it's normal.

Honestly, how common is it to have a bunny act this way? And what are the odds of her changing with age?

Oh I think the quarentine should be in PA! I would love for Becky to have a bond mate :)

She sounds a lot like my Becky. Only I get thumped for putting her down if I don't hold her long enough.

Bad news... Adorable bunny passed away sometime last night.

She became even more relaxed yesterday, to the point that even I was worried. She was eating and drinking normally, but I didn't think she was pooping, so I put her in her own cage in the back room to moniter her.

This morning, the opener found her already passed.

Tomakemy day even worse, a lady who had bought a bunny last Sunday called to say her bun was acting very ill. She had runny poop and wasn't eating. After asking some questions, I discovered that they had fed their 10 week old bunny about two cups of romaine lettuce, plus carrots, the night before... and it was her first time having any veggies. I told them they should get her to a vet right away, but they didn't listen. Three hours later, they called back with the news that she was gone. I'm so angry... Who gets a new type of animal without researching everything about them first?

I'm so sorry to hear the bunnies passed. Unfortunately there are many people that don't research before buying a pet. Impulse buys are never good :(

Binky free little ones

So sorry to hear about both bunnies passing to the bridge. A friend of mine a long time ago said, "God must love stupid people 'cause he made so **** many".

Latest posts

Back