Unusually Calm Holland Lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasticbunny

Reaction score
For those who don't know, I work in a pet store.

Last week, we recieved our latest shipment of bunnies. Included in the shipment was a teeny, puffy little agouti lop. I have a severe weakness for Holland Lops, and agouti's, but the boyfriend has pointed out that I have 6 animals and he is not willing to live with one more :(.

Anyway, I've been sucking every moment out of this bunny since she arrived. Considering it's my, ahem, responsibility to socialize all of the adorable and fuzzy animals. And I have to say, she is the sweetest, calmest rabbit I have ever handled. You can pick her up without her kicking, and she actually fell asleep in my hands the other day. And the licking... Don`t even get me started on the licking. If you hold her under your chin, she`ll lick your neck!

BUT, she the thing is, she seems a little too calm. She falls asleep with one paw in the food dish, and like I said, she never kicks when she`s handled.Some employees areactually a little concerned that she may be ill, though there is no sign of this whatsoever. And would a sick, lethargic bunny eagerly lick a stranger? To be sure, we've put her on hold until Wednesday.

What do you guys think? Does she sound sick to you? Or is she just the sweetest bunny to ever live?

Sounds like she needs to be shipped to Auntie Shiloh! I love sweet lops :D Sorry I know that's not helpful. How old is she? Is she secluded in her own little cage so you can see if she's pooping and peeing? Does she binky?

Lol :biggrin:

She's about 8 weeks, and she's not in her own cage, but I've seen her poop and it's normal.

Honestly, how common is it to have a bunny act this way? And what are the odds of her changing with age?

Oh I think the quarentine should be in PA! I would love for Becky to have a bond mate :)

She sounds a lot like my Becky. Only I get thumped for putting her down if I don't hold her long enough.

Bad news... Adorable bunny passed away sometime last night.

She became even more relaxed yesterday, to the point that even I was worried. She was eating and drinking normally, but I didn't think she was pooping, so I put her in her own cage in the back room to moniter her.

This morning, the opener found her already passed.

Tomakemy day even worse, a lady who had bought a bunny last Sunday called to say her bun was acting very ill. She had runny poop and wasn't eating. After asking some questions, I discovered that they had fed their 10 week old bunny about two cups of romaine lettuce, plus carrots, the night before... and it was her first time having any veggies. I told them they should get her to a vet right away, but they didn't listen. Three hours later, they called back with the news that she was gone. I'm so angry... Who gets a new type of animal without researching everything about them first?

I'm so sorry to hear the bunnies passed. Unfortunately there are many people that don't research before buying a pet. Impulse buys are never good :(

Binky free little ones

Latest posts

Back