unstable movement

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayana

Reaction score
Hello eveyone

My almost 2 years rabbit had a gas problem 2 days ago and I treated like always, he became fine but since then he was unstable sometimes. Especially when he scratch his ears or walk suddenly . He is completely fine, his eating is normal and there no wrong with him only the unstableness that happened like 3 times a day or less and there is no tilt in his head, his eyes is normal.

I checked his ear but I didn't see any mites or infection or redness , it completely clean so anyone have any idea what is wrong with him? The vets near me only nows about farm animals and don't have any experience with rabbits.

By "unstable" do you mean falling over or just acting off from its normal personality? After a rabbit experiences a bout of gas, it can be unstable (acting off from its normal personality) for a couple of days. If it lasts longer than a week, I would get the rabbit to any vet you can.

The unstableness I mean is when he shakes his head or his body he loss balance but he didn't fall on his side and he runs pretty fine. It's only for two seconds and then he rebalance himself.

Ok, that is normal, especially after gas. Think about after you have had a fever or migraine, you kind of feel wobbly for a day or two after the symptoms are gone.

Back