Unlimited oxbow?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyMiyo

Reaction score
Oxbow Young Rabbit says to feed the pellets in unlimited quantities with unlimited hay. But given the choice, Miyo will always go for pellets over hay. I'm worried that she won't eat any hay at all if I give her all the pellets she wants. Should I just let her eat unlimited Oxbow? Or if I ration it, how much pellets should she be getting?

How old is your rabbit? How much are you feeding right now? Free feeding pellets continuously keeping it full or only filling once a day, etc? Also what breed or how big is your rabbit supposed to get?

Miyo is 6 months old, dwarf lop, about small-medium in size. I used to feed her NRM pellets which are given in limited daily quantities, but I'm starting to switch to Oxbow because her poop size has been quite small/dark and she's a little on the thin side.

Hopefully Oxbow would be better for her, but unlimited? Really? :S

I gave mine unlimited young bunny oxbow till 8 mos. old then started slowly switching to the oxbow adult and give them about 1/2 cup each day with unlimited hay and about 1 cup of fresh veggies and herbs!!

At six months old I shouldn't think you'd need to be free-feeding. Depending on how much you're giving now per day, I'd cut it down to approx 1/2 cup per day. Bandit is 9 months on August 1st and weighs about 2.5kg He gets 1/4 cup oxbow in the morning, unlimited hay, a very small amount of greens as treats and about every other day he gets just under an extra 1/4 cup oxbow pellets in his treat ball in the afternoon. He doesn't need the extra pellets, but it's a way to keep him busy :)

Latest posts

Back