Ula sneezes after she grooms herself - respiratory infection, or nose tickle?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinupchick

Reaction score
She's been doing this for a few days...she sits under the coffee table to groom, and occasionally after licking her hind quarters she sneezes. Is it more likely to be a fur nose tickle situation, or an infection? No changes in terms of eye or nasal discharge. She sometimes has eye crusties that I pick out, but they haven't gotten worse or goopier or anything. Her appetite is heartier than ever.

mine do this too...first time the 2 of them had pasturella they would only sneezed when they groomed, which made me think nothing was wrong... but sometimes they have sneezing fits after grooming for days at a time but NOT have pasturella....

rabbits are sure good at hiding sickness eh?

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye on it. I need to take her in for her annual health exam sometime soon anyway, so I'll mention it then if it doesn't get any worse.

Usually when she gets sick, her appetite suffers. Last time she had a respiratory infection, she wasn't eating much and that was her only symptom. Hmm.

Yes keep an eye on it. Also feel around her jawline to see if there are any unusual lumps or bumps which could indicate tooth root infection.

Latest posts

Back