UK/Ireland flooding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a way up north from me but the Derwent does flow into Derby, and where I grew up and where my parents still live is prone to flooding, it was quite bad back in 2000. Fortunatly we live up a hill so we are out of the flood zone but there is lots of houses that are situated on the flood plain. Fortunatly it has not flooded yet.

Yeah all the Irish members are in the flood, I haven't been on much because of it. Thankfully we haven't had to evacuate because of it yet, some people have had to. A house near my school flooded and a ton of teeny kittens died :tears2: I was so mad, the owners wouldn't bring them inside to the second floor! I don't know how Sabine is, hopefully ok! It's getting worse, won't stop raining!

the RSPCA were on the news on friday saying that they are working with the emergency services to rescue animals. we missed out on the floodingthat affected the south west last week - luckily. the river clyst floods easily but the village's pump seemed to cope. we've also had our flood defence barrier raised and strengthened recently.

i do keep the double-bunny carrier on a table in the bunnery - just in case. as a family we have gone over what to do should we get flooded. friends who dont live near a river find this amusing:X our house is off the flood plain but we seem to get more flooding in devon than we used to.

thosesuffering in the floodsare in our thoughts and prayers:pray:

We had a small burn/stream behind my house flood bad a few year ago, and the road beside it is now unable to cross it.
Some people in my area/donegal aswell came out on horses!!!!
My dog and bunnies are ok at the moment.
If anyone is in the west of northren Ireland be careful as on the news the weather man said heavy rain on saturated ground and the wind up in Derry is already 70mph! Well in most costal areas its the same.
Take care everyone.

I'm luckily not in the flooded areas but around Yorkshire it seems really bad. One of my friends was home this weekend and was worried about getting back to Leeds because of all the floods as apparently it is quite bad between York and Leeds.

I feel so sorry for the poor people who have to evacuate. It looks horrendous on the news!

wow...you guys are all in my thoughts and I hope every one is able to stay safe!

There was a flood in Sloatsburg NY when I was a kid...we lived by part of the hudson river...I can remember being in this stone house where my mom baby sat this brat of a child (house was right on the river)...and looking out a window to watch my moms, yellow pacer wagon..lol...float away....freaked me out...but that is all I remember of it. I was rather small...

We had the worst flooding in years. The city centre was floodedand loads of households are without water as the pipes burst. We live in the suburbs and didn't suffer too much water damage but rather storm damage. some of the fences blew down and several flower pots shattered. The buns haven't been out in a few days and I feel really sorry for them. I ended upspending loads of time on eBay ordering rain covers and other stuff for the hutches.

We live in the South West in Bristol which is pretty much on a big hill so we're fairly safe from flooding here, although the rain has been terrible.

It looks awful on the news though- a policeman in Workington in Cumbria (Lake District) died when a bridge collapsed and he got swept away. He had 4 kids :(

I hope that everyone stays safe and that the rain stops soon!

They are expecting one of the bridges in town to collapse soon :( The army has been out evacuating people and putting down sand bags, thank God we are safe, hopefully will stay that way.

wet, but not floody in my garden but down the road is flooded.
I hope everyone is safe.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Back in Argyle we hit flash floods every now and then, and hurricane Floyd many many years ago, but Argyle fairly high and with all the small rivers/creeks that ran through we stayed faily well. Floyd did the worst to Argyle.
Down here in KY I've been here enough times to know about the flash floods down here! but the buns are up on the top of the hill with a 4 mile downslope to either side so they are safe, the horses get 'large puddles' to play in and the big horses (Jazz Phoenix and Heidi) have the creek that they could theoritically get swept down stream in but they haven't yet, they seem to know to stay out of there when it rains . . .

Stay safe Everyone!

we had real bad weather at midday today, the winds really got up and we had lots of rain, then later on my fiancees mum came into the room and said that the reason the weather was so bad was because a tornado had occured in derby where we live and was situated in Littleover where, it caused a brick building to collapse, this is only up the road from us which was quite scary!!

The road to school was flooded in like 4-5 differnt places.:grumpy:
AND the bridge linking the two sides of the city was closed due to the weather so I have half a class full. lol.

Latest posts

Back