Uh oh...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neri18

Reaction score
My baby Pippin just turned 1 year old, and it seems like overnight his hormones have gone haywire. One night he's well behaved and snuggling up to me, and then it's a complete 180. Last night he jumped up and I felt him digging on my comforter. Next thing I know, my face is covered in a warm, wet, smelly liquid. It takes my groggy mind (it was 2 am) a few minutes to click in gear. I couldn't understand why he'd shoot pee in my face. While I was in the bathroom scrubbing my face raw, it hit me that he was spraying his territory. It was all over my headboard, wall, pillow, and blankets. Needless to say I couldn't sleep in my bed when it was reaking of urine. I laid down on the floor and decided to wash my entire bed and linens first thing in the morning. Pip thought me lying on the floor was great. It's easier to play with me that way. He was grunting and running in circles around me and he kept nudging my hand, so I pet his nose the way he likes me to. Instead of snuggling up and calming down, he kept following my hand with his nose and nudging it and nipping me softly. Then he proceded to...do things...to my hand, which produced a whole new (and much more unpleasant) smell. I spent the morning scrubbing the walls, headboard, washing all my bed linens, my pajamas, and spraying the carpet with febreeze. I'm exhausted. First thing on Monday morning, I'm calling the vet and setting up a time to nip this problem in the bud. If he wasn't so darn cute, staring at me with those big eyes like he hadn't done anything wrong, I'd be a lot more annoyed. Hopefully I won't have to re-clean everything tomorrow morning. Time for me to go take a nap.

:zzzzz

Silly little Pippin. Sounds like you made a great play toy last night. Goodluck with the neuter and hope everything goes ok! Keep us updated.

Latest posts

Back