Uh oh, bunny puberty?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypusstar

Reaction score
ok so i have a rabbit, his name is ceaser hes almost a year old. hes black and white and unaltered. x__x well last night i was petting him and he started acting weird, he would turn circles around my hand, i didnt think anything of it, i laughed about it and kept petting him and then he turns around and bear hugs my hand @__@ i was raped by a rabbit. i wasnt expecting it x__x. i think he finally reached his "male bunny status" hes been really aggressive with me lately acting like im his girlfriend XD
its funny but it kinda worries me, im not sure what to expect from him, i do plan on getting him fixed i just have to find a vet that has rabbit experience.

any tips on how i can control him for the time being?? i cant even pet him with out him attacking my hand @__@, what can i expect from him?

thanks guys =) i know its been awhile since ive posted XD

I am not sure what you can do in the mean time because its kinda up to him how he wants to act and you cant really do anything about it. Just wait it out and be careful of how you handle him until he gets fixed. Thats my advise but other on the forum may have better advise though so stick around and check back.

While nothing will really stop the problem until you get him fixed, I do have a suggestion. Whenever he humps you or attacks you in anyway, either get up and leave, or turn your back on him. He wants to take out his urges on you, but if you do this he might understand that if he humps you, you stop playing with him, petting him, etc. After 30 seconds or so come back to him and start petting him again. Hopefully he'll learn to be polite to keep you around. But remember that the hormones might just be too strong and he won't be able to help his behavior.

i did give him a stuffed dog, he takes out some frustration on it he'll groom it and lay next to him, whenever he comes up to me and starts to nip or attempt to mount i push him away or put him in his cage as a "time out". i'll have to talk to my cats vet and see if hes ever worked with rabbits before.

Back