UGH!! Nimue is driving me mad!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayglnu13

Reaction score
I dont know how much more of this I can take! He has randomly started biting me!! :X

P7190009s.jpg

That picture was taken like 5 minutesago,and thatbruise is 3 days old!! :X

If he doesnt get his way he bites me, ifhe wants to be put down be bites me, if he wants me to stop brushinghim he bites me. And he could care less if I screamed "NO" at the topof my lungs! Nothing is working, he just wants to bite me. I have abite mark on my arm, on my leg and on my stomach! This is just gettingout of hand :X

Does any one have any suggestions or ideas?

~Amy

*Ouch* That bite must've been pretty hard.

I've read somwhere on the internet whenI wassearching online that to tap your buns nose when he/she had donesomething wrong that you can't tolerate. I wouldn't flick the nose,knowing the fact that the rabbits nose is a sensitive area. Tapping thenose very lightly, and firmley saying "NO" with directeye contact and body level should do it?

Good luck,
Katy

I'm sorry. I didn't know that Nimue is blind.

I've read looking past few threads that when your bun bites you toscream "Ouch!" or "Ekk!" so that they know that they hurt you.

I'm correct that Nimue is netured? If he isn't, neuturing would definatley clear up his behavior.

Katy

Oh ya Nimue hasbeen neutered for over a year now. He has never had this horriblebehavior before, it is just within these past few weeks that it hasbeen getting worse and worse :?

And I do shout when he bites me, but thatis the problem, he doesnt care any more. I could scream or shout all Iwanted and he would just bite me again :?

~Amy

Oh Amy !!!

What a naughty boy he is being !!!! Is it hot by you at the moment ???

He could just be crabby due to the hot weather. Or it could be that he could be a little jealous of Merlin ????

I wish I had some advice for you to try, but I don't. Sorry !

Hope hope you manage to stop him biting you.

Zee

With Miss Bea & Mona Kea, I didsomething pretty unusual when they tried to fight and nip...I heldtheir head down for a bit (to submit) and then - after about 30 secondsor a minute - I petted them and loved on them and said, "good bunny" incooing tones.

In other words - I responded to their anger or whatever...with love.

With my girls...it has worked!

Could Nimue have a hidden health problem that is causing him to be grumpy when he's held or something?

Peg

Amy, I feel so bad for you. I can'teven imagine what I will do if Sampson or one of the girls dothat. A bitting flemish has to be just awful!

I'm going to agree with Zee, that maybe he's just cranky with theheat. My buns are cranky right now, but not that cranky!

I wish I had better advice. Sampson sometimes mouths me, and gets a little hard sometimes, but nothing like that.

Good Luck!

Jen

Latest posts

Back