Two bunnies=two cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
This is a very interesting thing I have just learned from my two:

Recently as they were coming into their "own" I had to separate theminto their own houses (both girls) due to a barrage of conflicts. Whenthey come out now...there is far less pepper mill on speed droppingsleft everywhere!! It's fantastic, last night-they were out for a veryvery very long time and I only picked up 2, and that was due to thecase of Jade running like $%# across one livingroom to the other andthey just came a flyin outta her ! I almost did a happy dance with thelack of droppings. To boot, they share each others cages when they areout-Jade will go hang out in Jezebel's cage, and Jezebel will inspectJade's cage (find it suiting to her needs at the moment-then relaxinside) As you can tell Jezebel has a tad more attitude than Jade....

thats it, gotta run for class now......I have lingered too long here and now am almost late...

hoppin off and doing a binky or two :p

Cher

That's Awesome, Cher! :dude:

Could it be that the girls are growing up? Between your hard work inpatience and training, having their own home to territorialize, andgetting a better grip on their bodily functions, it seems that they'rebecoming quite the Sophisticated Ladies!

I'm thrilled for you. Couldn't be happier because I recall how distressing it was for you.

Hope it continues this way for a long time!

-Carolyn

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!! I havethree rabbits, two girls and a boy, all neutered. But mygirls have been living in the same cage for a long time because the"baby" is now 7 months old and has been in with the other one since sheweighed only one pound!! (she is a mini-Rex.) Theypoop EVERYWHERE....and it was NEVER like that before. Myapartment is a DISASTER all around the area of their cages (they runloose whenever i'm home.) I haven't tried your suggestionyet, but i was just this week wondering if i should buy a second cageor just a BIGGER cage. I think you helped medecide! I really hope it makes a big difference.Take care!

Lisa (and Oreo, Emily, and Oliver thank you too!!!)

Lisa, Emily, Oliver and Oreo: Wow, thank you somuch I am thrilled that what I have learned is going to help you. Asecond cage is definitly the way to go, don't let the injured bunny"aww, you hurt my feelings" look give you too much guilt. If its anyconsolation I think I suffered enough of it for the both of us.

Two cages was the best decision I made, even though there are stilloccasional accidents-they are youngings remember-the territorialmarkings OUTSIDE the cage have decreased soo much. Since like you, Itoohave my girls out most of the time when I am home.
Cher

HB104 wrote:
This is a very interesting thing I have just learned from my two:

Recently as they were coming into their "own" I had to separate theminto their own houses (both girls) due to a barrage of conflicts. Whenthey come out now...there is far less pepper mill on speed droppingsleft everywhere!! It's fantastic, last night-they were out for a veryvery very long time and I only picked up 2, and that was due to thecase of Jade running like $%# across one livingroom to the other andthey just came a flyin outta her ! I almost did a happy dance with thelack of droppings. To boot, they share each others cages when they areout-Jade will go hang out in Jezebel's cage, and Jezebel will inspectJade's cage (find it suiting to her needs at the moment-then relaxinside) As you can tell Jezebel has a tad more attitude than Jade....

thats it, gotta run for class now......I have lingered too long here and now am almost late...

hoppin off and doing a binky or two :p

Cher
Aww your girls are like me they don't mind a visatorin their "house" but they like to have their "own space" LOL I've got acouple like that, funny how different they act huh? at least you havefound something that makes the 3 of you happy :)
4_1_200.gif

Back