Twix and Her Babies!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly09

Reaction score
At the beginning of December an adorable rabbit was brought into my local humane society as a stray. She was named Twix (due to her coloring). Twix was very smelly, covered in urine and had sore hocks. A couple weeks later Twix stunned the staff with a surprise litter born a few days before her scheduled spay. So as it turned out, Twix was already pregnant when she came into the shelter.

The five beautiful babies were born sometime between Dec. 19 and 21st. I'm getting conflicting stories about when they made their grand entrance into the world. Since a shelter is no place to raise babies, I offered my home to foster Twix and her babies until they are weaned. Then back to the shelter they go to find their permanent homes!

I figured it would be a good idea to start a blog and keep it updated with how they are all doing. And don't worry, I'll keep it picture heavy!! lol

IMG_9116.jpg

IMG_9118.jpg

IMG_9132.jpg

IMG_9135.jpg

They are adorable!! Love the tri mini rexes(or rex)! Ok this is off topic but what camera do you have?? I absolutely love the quality of the pictures! (I also love the cute baby bunnies in them too ;) )

So adorable! I'd love to experience baby rabbits just once, hehe... when I talked to the foster coordinator at the Houston SPCA the other day, I let her know I'd be comfortable caring for a doe who has (or is about to have) kits - seems like the good way to go to get some "hands on" experience without actually being a breeder :p. (No way would I want to be a rabbit breeder - I already have a breeding program for sugar gliders and I think two permanent rabbits (Nala and Gaz) is my limit. They're all the long-eared naughtiness I can commit to!)

I can't wait to see all the pics of the babies as they grow up!

They are adorable!! Love the tri mini rexes(or rex)! Ok this is off topic but what camera do you have?? I absolutely love the quality of the pictures! (I also love the cute baby bunnies in them too ;) )

Canon 450D, i'm not very good at taking pictures, the auto mode works for me lol but my husband is the one who does all the cool settings

So adorable! I'd love to experience baby rabbits just once, hehe... when I talked to the foster coordinator at the Houston SPCA the other day, I let her know I'd be comfortable caring for a doe who has (or is about to have) kits - seems like the good way to go to get some "hands on" experience without actually being a breeder :p. (No way would I want to be a rabbit breeder - I already have a breeding program for sugar gliders and I think two permanent rabbits (Nala and Gaz) is my limit. They're all the long-eared naughtiness I can commit to!)

I can't wait to see all the pics of the babies as they grow up!

This is me exactly! I would never breed rabbits, but i'm happy to foster them if they come in to the shelter! :D

Alright, so I've had a stressful past day. I was worried that they babies weren't being fed, so I went out and got a scale. But I guess i was just being paranoid because they have all gained weight! The first weight is from 12/29 at 5:00pm (when I bought the scale) and the second is 12/30 at 8:00am

A: 4.05 oz 4.40 oz
B: 3.45 oz 3.80 oz
C: 4.50 oz 4.75 oz
D: 3.95 oz 4.40 oz
E: 3.30 oz 3.60 oz

I still haven't come up with any names.. So for now they are letters lol. For some more exciting news I think their eyes should be opening soon! It looks like they are starting to part in the corners! I'm super excited for these guys to FULLY join our world with all their senses :D

Oh and the baby in the pictures is Baby A

IMG_9142.jpg

IMG_9143.jpg

The colors are beautiful! I haven't seen many rabbits with them!! :D

Baby bunnies are just adorable. Beautiful mommy so gorgeous babies. Keep the pics coming :)

The babies officially have names! No more letters for these guys! These pictures aren't the best quality, but I'd thought you'd all enjoy them all the same

Starting with the first picture: Clover, Dill, Hazel, Sage and Rue

Can you tell who the chubbers are?? haha

Clover.jpg

Dill.jpg

Hazel.jpg

Sage.jpg

Rue.jpg

Oh, am I glad that you & those adorable bunny babies are no where near me!!!! I couldn't get near them or I would have a hard time talking myself out of bringing one home when they are old enough for a home of their own! They are just too cute! Mom is a gorgeous mom bunny too! So glad they are doing well! :inlove:

Alright, So I have been neglecting this thread! The babies are all doing GREAT! I'm going to have to back post some pictures to get you guys all caught up!

Here are the babies at 2 weeks old. Eyes opened just a few days before taking these pictures. They did not like to hold still that's for sure!

IMG_9219.jpg

IMG_9221.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

They are SOOOO Adorable! I know you are going to be able to find homes for them with no problem!!!! Hell I might be tempted to fly with Wisc to get one!!!

Keep blogging on them they are soo cute!!

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back