Twilight Saga

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gabby wrote:
hAHA yup finished it last night at 2am.. course there were a few intruptions yesterday, but i mannaged to stick right on top of getting through the book;)now i can finish reading the draft she posted of midnight sun.

Did everyone see that. because the chapters were leaked she has realeased the rough draft on her web site, 264 pages worth.

I do hopethat it doesn't take as long as she seems to think it will for her to get back to writing it. I found it interesting what I've read of it so far..
I don't think she has the intention of finishing it ever. And I feel like her response, even though she is justified about being angry having her property stolen, is a slap in the face to her fans. I didn't love BD but I LOVED Midnight Sun...so far. I didn't think it was possible, but getting to see Twilight from Edward made me love his character even more. It's fantastic! It made me WANT to read the saga again.

But now, I doubt we're going to get it. And frankly, two years ago, she said that she had 'almost 300 pages done.' There's a theory going around that maybe she just doesn't want to finish it at all. :shrug: I don't know. All I know is she is the one who will lose millions by not publishing MS.

lalena2148 wrote:
I don't think she has the intention of finishing it ever. And I feel like her response, even though she is justified about being angry having her property stolen, is a slap in the face to her fans. I didn't love BD but I LOVED Midnight Sun...so far. I didn't think it was possible, but getting to see Twilight from Edward made me love his character even more. It's fantastic! It made me WANT to read the saga again.

But now, I doubt we're going to get it. And frankly, two years ago, she said that she had 'almost 300 pages done.' There's a theory going around that maybe she just doesn't want to finish it at all. :shrug: I don't know. All I know is she is the one who will lose millions by not publishing MS.

that may be possible. but i can see several points of view there. I myself have been working on my own story, it's basics start from a story I had written when I was a teen, but it's far more developed now. I had set it aside for years without thought, and now I'm working on it again.

maybe she doesn't want to finish the book, maybe she does. maybe she's just so angry right now she can't think about it, she is after all human.

I think she'd do really well in sales from it though. ultimately you have to put yourself in her shoes.

would you want her to continue on as is not getting the best possible work put into it, or would you rather she continue at her own pace, as irritating as it is to wait.. maybe it'll never be published, and maybe it will.

at least for myself it helps that i can see many sides to it. currently I'm going to dive into waiting on the movies.. maybe seeing her creation brought to life will help rekindle that spark of interest for her..

*fingers crossed* for me at least i heard they were thinking of shooting new moon and eclipse together, because after all vampires aren't allowed to age as the actors surely have to... *sighs*

what will be will be.. I'm just leaning more on hoping for her to finish it :)

Gabby wrote:
that may be possible. but i can see several points of view there. I myself have been working on my own story, it's basics start from a story I had written when I was a teen, but it's far more developed now. I had set it aside for years without thought, and now I'm working on it again.

maybe she doesn't want to finish the book, maybe she does. maybe she's just so angry right now she can't think about it, she is after all human.

I think she'd do really well in sales from it though. ultimately you have to put yourself in her shoes.

would you want her to continue on as is not getting the best possible work put into it, or would you rather she continue at her own pace, as irritating as it is to wait.. maybe it'll never be published, and maybe it will.
Oh, no I can see both sides. Like I said, I understand that she's upset. I've been working on my own novel for years now and I'd be pissed too if someone who I trusted took the manuscript and made it public.

However, this could have also been a tremendous career move for her. After the backlash from Breaking Dawn, making this public resparked the fandom.

And yes, I do think she needs a break to cool off. But the way she worded her note on the website was almost like she was punishing the fandom for one person who put the leak on the web. And I believeleaks happen ALL the time for almost every author. I think she should have waited to make her thoughts known to the public until she was feeling a little clearer. There is now a trememdous backlash because some of her fans feel personally attacked by her. Me, I'm not one of them because I do understand her point of view...I just think she went about announcing it the wrong way.

And about MS, how hard is it to write Edward's side? She already basically pulls quotes from Twilight. The whole story, or 95% of it, is already done. Now all she had to do was throw in some Edward angst. :)But I did love Midnight Sun...unfortunately the end of Chapter 12 is RIGHT before the Meadow scene. :sigh:

BabyBunnies, she's mad because someone she trusted leaked the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun. Check out the message on her website here.

lalena2148 wrote:
Oh, no I can see both sides. Like I said, I understand that she's upset. I've been working on my own novel for years now and I'd be p*ssed too if someone who I trusted took the manuscript and made it public.

However, this could have also been a tremendous career move for her. After the backlash from Breaking Dawn, making this public resparked the fandom.

And yes, I do think she needs a break to cool off. But the way she worded her note on the website was almost like she was punishing the fandom for one person who put the leak on the web. And I believeleaks happen ALL the time for almost every author. I think she should have waited to make her thoughts known to the public until she was feeling a little clearer. There is now a trememdous backlash because some of her fans feel personally attacked by her. Me, I'm not one of them because I do understand her point of view...I just think she went about announcing it the wrong way.

And about MS, how hard is it to write Edward's side? She already basically pulls quotes from Twilight. The whole story, or 95% of it, is already done. Now all she had to do was throw in some Edward angst. :)But I did love Midnight Sun...unfortunately the end of Chapter 12 is RIGHT before the Meadow scene. :sigh:

BabyBunnies, she's mad because someone she trusted leaked the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun. Check out the message on her website here.

you know i was paranoid to let anyone read what i've written, but this only makes me even more so.. I love reading from both view points, and i love the insight she is giving to edwards charater. hopefully it will blow over.

I do think that she wrote to quickly about it and while you can tell she was tryin to hold back a bit, it just wasn't enough. Seems she felt the need to respond quickly.

I don't hold that against her. I feel for her honestly.

Latest posts

Back