Twilight Saga

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
I literally bought Twilight on a whim for a summer read last week. I started it Saturday night, finished it mid day Sunday.
Then on Sunday I bought the next two and was finished by 1AM Wed.

Honestly, I was questioning why a 25 year old would like a YA novel but it's awesome. I literally couldn't put the thing down! It's a supernatural/romance novel. But to me, the romance was awesome because of the 2 main characters and their differences. I guess the tension made it more enjoyable.

The next, and last, book "Breaking Dawn" comes out Aug. 2nd. I already preordered it! :D

So anyone else read it?
Anyone else excited about Breaking Dawn?

Excited about the movie that comes out 12.12.08??

They were the first 3 books I read after I got my kindle.

I'm really hoping that Breaking Dawn comes out in kindle edition the same day it comes out in hardback.

I bought it on a whim as well - I kept seeing it in the bookstore and hearing about it everywhere and I finally just got it... and like you, I finished all three books in about a week. LOL. I'm 29 - so uh, I guess that makes me worse. I'm a little troubled that it's written for 12 year olds to be honest, cause there's a lot of um.. tension in it, but ah, kids are growing up way faster now. :)

I enjoyed them, and also pre-ordered the next book. my only thing is I'm not a big fan of Bella to be honest - she's a little whiny and selfish and unappreciative.... but, that's the only thing I'm not a fan of.

:)

Nadia

I've read all three books there are, and have any of you seen this?! http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

Looks soooooo good, aswell!

I'm a total Jacob fan, but am all for Edward and Bella, she can leave all the Jacob Blacks in the world for me! :p

However, I am 15. :p I am probably doing to the mightnight thing, too... My 23 year old sister is taking me, lol, and she's going to buy me the book, too! (She reads the books aswell!)

HoneyPot wrote:
I'm a little troubled that it's written for 12 year olds to be honest, cause there's a lot of um.. tension in it, but ah, kids are growing up way faster now. :)

I enjoyed them, and also pre-ordered the next book. my only thing is I'm not a big fan of Bella to be honest - she's a little whiny and selfish and unappreciative.... but, that's the only thing I'm not a fan of.

Yeah, there is a lot of tension.:shock: It's actually...kinda hot! :pUnlike some other books I read, there's always that 'they want to but they can't' thing going on. But I was also surprised that it was made for YA. But that also has me not quite sure how they may do a 'woohoo' scene in Breaking Dawn.

Yeah, Bella cries WAY too much. I wish Alice would slap her, but then she'd probably knock her head right off her shoulders! :p

I was actually thinking today, it's REALLY selfish for her to ask Edward to change her. He's the one person that doesn't want to see her lose her humanity and see her in pain. Why would she want to put him through that?!?! GAHH! I would, lets say if I were human and my hubby was a vampire (which would also be kinda hot ;)), put him through seeing me in pain. Maybe she should wait a few more years before she makes her decision. I think Edwards got the right idea.

Did anyone read the 1st chapter of Breaking Dawn? They released an exerpt online and the full one (w/preface) in the Eclipse special edition.

Any theories on Breaking Dawn?
Me personally, I'm hoping Jacob imprints on someone.

People keep getting on me to read it but it alas, I can't find it. Walmart doesn't have it(I check 2? days ago) and neither does the library. Okay, the library has the -first- book however it was lost. She was suppose to look for it for me, plus she ordered the other books, too, last timeI was in :) I'm in no way a romance person, I love horror, but everyone seems so into it soI thought I would give it a try.

bunnybunbunb wrote:
People keep getting on me to read it but it alas, I can't find it. Walmart doesn't have it(I check 2? days ago) and neither does the library. Okay, the library has the -first- book however it was lost. She was suppose to look for it for me, plus she ordered the other books, too, last timeI was in :) I'm in no way a romance person, I love horror, but everyone seems so into it soI thought I would give it a try.
I found mine at Target. There were also some at Borders the other day. Target has it onsale , Twilight and New Moon paperbacks, for $8.50/book.

Closest Target is...over 2 hours away as far as I know. I use to love Target as a kid but when we moved here fromthere we never much went back :XPlus the library ordered them so I can read for free and if I hate them no money lost ;)

bunnybunbunb wrote:
Closest Target is...over 2 hours away as far as I know. I use to love Target as a kid but when we moved here fromthere we never much went back :XPlus the library ordered them so I can read for free and if I hate them no money lost ;)
Aw, that stinks about Target, but I understand about reading them for free. My library lost there copies. And there are already 261 holds on Breaking Dawn!

Side note, my friend introduced me to the Mitch Hansen Band. They're a band that records songs based on Twilight. I was skeptical at first, but their songs are pretty good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6bAqi9uycM&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6bAqi9uycM&feature=related[/ame]
That one is one of my favorites! :)

Did you guys see the movie is comign to theatres in December?

The books are very good, but very laughable. Vampires without fangs? That turn into a freaking dico ball in sunlight? what the fudge is that all about? Disappointment. I was telling my husband about it and he was like ''So...what makes them vampires?'' and all I could come up with was ''Uh....they run really fast."

But I suppose it makes up for it with creativity in other areas. WEll not really i'm still disappointed.

JAK Rabbitry wrote:

The books are very good, but very laughable. Vampires without fangs? That turn into a freaking dico ball in sunlight? what the fudge is that all about? Disappointment. I was telling my husband about it and he was like ''So...what makes them vampires?'' and all I could come up with was ''Uh....they run really fast."

But I suppose it makes up for it with creativity in other areas. WEll not really i'm still disappointed.
Yeah the movie comes out 12.12.08. I'm excited about it. But they trailer looked kinda cheesy effects wise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The no fangs things didn't bother me too much actually. The whole venom thing was kinda interesting as I hadn't heard about that kind of vampire before. It was intriguing and made up for the lack of fangs for me.

The glitter skin, however, was so annoying I did almost put the book down. WTF. "We can't go out in the sun because we shimmer?":magicwand: :foreheadsmack:

Ahhhh!!!! Biggest Twilight fan ever right here!! I pre-ordered Breaking Dawn like 2 months ago. Although that means I can't start at midnight :? Did anyone see the new movie trailer scenes on Entertainment Tonight?? *squeal* I Tivo'ed it and watched it over and over..... I've been following all the new information from the movie, all the interviews and glimpses and everything!

Actually, when I heard about Twilight, I was like ehhhh that sounds stupid. But then, I thought the same thing about Harry Potter and I loved that. So, I read the first one. Then immediately read the other two!! And may I say, Edward > Harry!

Ok, now I feel like a ridiculous fan-girl:embarrassed:

Less than 24 hours till the midnight release of Breaking Dawn!!!! Who's excited?? ME! Hahaha, but I pre-ordered it to be shipping to me, so umm I have to wait a bit longer.

In retrospect, I don't know why I didn't pre-order it from Barnes and Noble or something.... :?

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

I got twilight for my birthday and finished it yesterday i brought the sequal - i thought it was moonlight,, what on earths breaking dawn???

lalena2148 wrote:
JAK Rabbitry wrote:

The no fangs things didn't bother me too much actually. The whole venom thing was kinda interesting as I hadn't heard about that kind of vampire before. It was intriguing and made up for the lack of fangs for me.

The glitter skin, however, was so annoying I did almost put the book down. WTF. "We can't go out in the sun because we shimmer?":magicwand: :foreheadsmack:
Those three things make me want to burn every copy of this series on the planet.

My daughter was up at 4:30 this morning... and at the local Barnes and Noble by 5:00 (AM!) to get on line for "Breaking Dawn". It doesn't come out until midnight tonight! She's on line for a Purchasing Bracelet (that they will start passing out at 6 pm!).After they get their numbered bracelets,her and all her friends will come back here for a Twilight party... then back to the book storebefore midnight! THEN they will go to another friends house for an all nightreading party...

BabyBunnies wrote:
I got twilight for my birthday and finished it yesterday i brought the sequal - i thought it was moonlight,, what on earths breaking dawn???
Twilight is the first book in the series, then New Moon, then Eclipse, and tomorrow (tonight) comes out the 4th and last book, Breaking Dawn.

I'm still really excited and regretting getting it in the mail, but I ordered it like 3 months ago. Won't be going to any of the midnight parties :? 1) I won't buy it then anyways and 2) None of my friends have read it! I've suggested it to several people, but they're all too busy to sit and read them. So I'm just going to jump around the house and go to bed early so I can wake up for the mail!! :biggrin2:

I started reading Twilight because my sister brought it home one day last year. I was HOOKED! Not so much because of the whole vampire thing but because I love love stories. I pre-ordered mine last month and I'm kind of glad I did. I hate waiting in line and I just would have ended up not buying it till next month when the craze had died down. I can wait till Saturday to read it. I'll just have to stay off the internet sites because I know some people will try to ruin it.

t.

gwhoosh wrote:
BabyBunnies wrote:
Twilight is the first book in the series, then New Moon, then Eclipse, and tomorrow (tonight) comes out the 4th and last book, Breaking Dawn.

I'm still really excited and regretting getting it in the mail, but I ordered it like 3 months ago. Won't be going to any of the midnight parties :? 1) I won't buy it then anyways and 2) None of my friends have read it! I've suggested it to several people, but they're all too busy to sit and read them. So I'm just going to jump around the house and go to bed early so I can wake up for the mail!! :biggrin2:

*sob* I just got an e-mail from Amazon that my order shipped TODAY, from Jacksonville :( I don't think it's going to make it to tomorrow. If so, I won't get it till Monday, possibly TUESDAY!!!! NOOOOoooo!!!!! I'm soooo upset (as though you couldn't tell)

Latest posts

Back