Tummy Rumbling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is something I should be concerned or not. But It's best to know. When I pick up Monsters and rub her belly you can here what sounds like fluid in there. I thought maybe it was just her bladder, but when I try and express it nothing comes out.

She's still eating and drinking normally. The only meds she is on is Metacam and I make sure he has had food and water before she gets it.

So I guess my question is should I be worried or is this normal and I'm over reaction to nothing?

ETA: Can someone fix the spelling in Rumbling? for me.

You really shouldn't be able to feel a sloshing of fluid in her abdomen. Does she have any other symtoms that don't seem norml ...is she behaving normally.

Does she sem uncomfortable.?
Let us know more.

angieluv wrote:
You really shouldn't be able to feel a sloshing of fluid in her abdomen
I don't feel a sloshing of fluids I hear it.

The only other signs of her being uncomfortable are sometimes it looks like she might be straining to pee or poop by the way she twist her body. But other than that she's still her normal self.

The other weird thing I noticed was the other day she was sitting with her front knuckles, but I already know that her reflexes don't work well. She didn't seem to notice they were like that.

She still loves to get into trouble. If I shake the banana chip bag she comes running so I know she's still happy. She still loves come sit with me.

I usually give simethicone at the first sign of gut rumbles. Benjamin has had a few bouts of gas and since he's so tiny we used to lighten the mood of figuring out if he had gas by calling it "bunny telephone" when we'd hold him up to our ear to listen to his guts. Tiny little guy was about the size of a (big) phone.

Sorry for the digression. I do think you should give her a dose of simethicone and definitely watch to make sure she's pooping. Straining to poop could be gas, could be stasis, both of which can go bad fast.

Well I know she pooped she's got a dirty bum. Not sure why tho. Normally I only see dirty bum with greens, the last time she had greens was 2 nights ago. Anyways I think maybe that's all it was, was just gas. I gave her a good 5 mins tummy rub and got kisses for doing it and I don't hear her tummy anymore :)

The last thing this girl needs to go into stasis I don't think she could pull thru at her age. I will keep a good watch on her.

Simethicone has never caused that reaction with anyone I know but if it occured right after you gave it then it's possible.
I think that maybe you should take her to the vet as I cannot suggest anything else. and that is an unusual reaction to simethicone.

What is the name of the product that you gave. ?
if she has diarrhea now just give her hay and water.

just watch her closely and give her just hay and water for now and watch her poops .

I have to leave the house now so I won't see this post again until tonight but someone else will help you with Monsters.
I hope that she's Ok as she has gone through a lot in her past ...:(

Yeah, I've never heard of runny poo from simethicone. Runny poo would be due to an intestinal infection, I would think. See if it doesn't clear up overnight and take her (and a poo sample) in to the vet tomorrow if it's still runny. The gut rumbling could have been an infection/gut upset too, I think.

Also maybe give her some unsweetened pedialyte and make sure she's still hydrated. Diahrrea can make rabbits dehydrated, and pedialyte can help. Dehydration can make a rabbit go downhill fast. Definitely just give her hay, water, and unsweetened pedialyte. Maybe some bene-bac if you can find it.

She's drinking water on her own. I haven't been able find bene-bac. But the fact that I don't drive has to do with part of it. The feed store I can think of would of bethis store but it's far from where I live. It's close to where my mom works but I'm not sure I can send her to go and get it as she wouldn't know what the heck I'm talking about.

runny poops,my cottontail was two months old when i noticed runny poops,was tested and coccidia was the problem-(baytril)was prescribed,i do not know how long the poops have been runny but keep in mind a very rabbit savy dvm close at hand,.others suggested simethicone which is good,..when you listen to a rabbits gut there should be mild gurgling sounds,..gas in exteme amounts are painful,and rabbits lack the ability to throw up,.what goes in must come out,being herbivores ie horses,-their intestinal track is unlike many,many animals,one to be wreckoned with,..sincerely james waller [email protected]

The apple juicemay entice her to drink more; I would put a little in her water if you don't have access to pedialyte but not a lot because of the sugar.

Latest posts

Back