Tucker wants to introduce himself!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuckerandGusGus

Danielle
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Danielle, I just recently got a new baby bunny... first time having a young bunny, he's only 9 to 10 weeks. I used to have a bunny named Jake, but he recently passed away.. this past august. I had him for around 11 to 12 years, and he was around 2 and a half when I got him, so he lived for quite a while... but seeing as I am only 24, almost 25, I had gotten him when I was very young and feel like I did wrong by him. I had no idea all that goes into having a bunny, with his real diet, getting him neutered, etc. That being said, I do know my bunny Jake was happy and lived a great long healthy life, but this time I am going to be doing it right by Tucker.

In my house I am a big rescuer. I have 4 cats, all rescued and adopted. and 2 dogs, also rescued and adopted. :) We just recently purchased a home in Massachusetts, so we have even been fostering cats and kittens and dogs, full house here! but I love animals and they will always be treated right.

*nibble nibble* Herroo!! It's me Tucker!!! My mum said I am a lion head bunny, so hear me RAWR! I am working on trusting my Mum, I think she's a good lady who means well but all these animals smell just set me back a little bit! Mum says I am coming out of my shell and doing verrrry well. She loves me! I hope you guys will, too!!

P.S Thanks for helping me mum out with her questions, and hope we can all be friends. xo

(Also would love to meet people that live in Massachusetts that are bunny lovers -- anyone here?)

tucker1.jpg

Tucker2.jpg

Tucker3.jpg

Tucker4.jpg

Tucker5.jpg

Tucker6.jpg

Thanks, I guess the more I research and try to do right for my Mr. Tucker, the worse I feel about not doing these things for Jake, you know? I miss him lots... theres certain things that he'd do that I would look forward to, now I can't wait to find out Tuckers little quirks.. and how his personality will be.

Congrats and welcome to RO!!!
Sorry to hear about Jake but it seems like he lived a long and healthy life. 12 years is a long time
Mr Tucker is very cute too

Well Jake technically lived to be about 14 or so. I had him for about 11 to 12 years and he was already 2 years old to begin with. :] I miss him very much so, but happy to have my fluffy bun bun Tucker. :]

Thank you! Hoping to meet some bunny friends on here. :]

I bought him a extra large cage that is going to be attached to his pen... he is one spoiled rotten rabbit!! I am not even sure how it's possible, haha... he will prob be tiny but he'll be happy!!

OHMYGOSH! He is so adorable!!!! I wish I'd gotten my bun at at young age but I got him from a (terrible!) BYB at 6 months :'( he never had any human contact so I cant pet him or touch him or pick him up when needed. phooey! But Buster looked just as fuzzy as your little Tucker when he was that age. I think the picture is on my blog on the first page. SO CUTE! And POOOOFY! :0
So anyway, welcome to the forum!!!! :D We are glad to have ya!

I have joined forums before (cats & dogs) and haven't ever gotten too sucked in, but I don't know many rabbit lovers, so I am very excited to be here to share stories and hear stories about other bunnies and other bunny lovers :)

It was very sad losing my sweet Jake, we had a couple of rituals, too. Every single morning I would open his cage and he'd come right up and give me a kiss, I absolutely loved it and it's something I miss so much. I honestly think he waited until we bought our home and he knew we were home before he let go. It makes me so sad that I am doing everything so differently with Tucker, I wish I did this stuff with my Jake.. he deserved so much more. It breaks my heart more and more every day... now that I really know, you know?

I started a blog in the bunny blog section if anyone is interested in our story and also how Tucker comes out of his shell and grows into his personality.

@Nancy - I am so so sorry for your loss, thank you for welcoming me to the forum, I hope you're doing well and your other bunnies are keeping your head up!

@Ilovemyrabbit & Hyatt - I'll post some pictures here for you, but maybe you wanna check out my blog? :)

@Katielovesleo3 - Your bunny in your avatar is absolutely gorgeous! So so gorgeous!! You are wonderful for rescuing your bunny and loving it so much! I would be very disappointed if my boy didn't want cuddles. :( I am going to go check out your blog :D

He got so comfy and isn't afraid of me anymore! He trusted me enough to lay on his side and get some petting!
Tucker10_zps7bdbeb8a.jpg

When I was rubbing his bum this is what he kept doing, he kept rubbing his head on my arm. So cute!
Tucker11_zps2605ee4c.jpg

Tucker's bum while he's drinking his water. Love him!
Tucker12_zps9c057f81.jpg

Oh wow, what an adorable bun! :) I'm a bit partial to lionheads for obvious reasons. I got my girl at about 7 weeks of age so those pics do bring back memories!
Welcome to RO!

I'm on a Boxer forum and I don't like it as much as this one, people on here seem to be more laid back and more fun :) I, also dont have anybunny who knows anything about rabbits near me :'( good thing I have yall!!! :D
Sorry about Jake, he lived for a LONG time, it's great that he got to spend it with you! You sound so sweet and loving!
I am disappointed that he doesn't like cuddles, but I still have my Rosco, he can't get ENOUGH cuddles! lol!
Thank you for the compliment teehee.

@Katielovesleo3 - I am actually reading your blog, this thing can be hard... so much to read haha especially when I'm JUST joining in. I honestly can't get over how adorable Buster is... driving me crazy! Also, thank YOU for the compliment. I like to think I'm pretty sweet and loving, it may just be my animals that make me seem that way. I'm not like that towards EVERYONE.... just my babies. I have a mountain cur, (never heard of the breed before but he came from a kill shelter in FL), and he is totally interested in Tuck, I am hoping we can find a way to teach him to ignore him when we do finally introduce them all.

@Agnesthelion - I will have to check out your lionhead... he is my first. I am not sure what type of rabbit my sweet Jake was.. maybe I'll post a pic.

Thank you... he really is so sweet! Tuck has gotten really comfortable with me in just a few days, I was so worried at first.

Babies are so adorable, I think when I've been creeping around on the forum I have seen pics of your babies. (I THINK) So so cute!! I honestly would love one, drive one to MA for me? :)

I love the lops because of their cute cute ears.. and I'd honestly love one. I go back and forth about getting a friend for Tucker, I think when I do I will adopt from a shelter because it's SO expensive to get them fixed.

Latest posts

Back