Trying to get on my bed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseywool704

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
So last night while I was sitting on my bed, my bunny tried to jump up on it with me! I thought it was too funny, she didn't make it all the way up though haha.

So what I'm wondering is if any of you allow your bunnies on your bed? I was actually thinking of buying one of those dog step ladders so she could get up on my bed... but then I started thinking about if she got skiddish and tried to jump off? I'm not sure and still on the fence..

Anyone have any input?

Bunnies have no problems with jumping on beds unless they are unusually high, or the bunny has mobility problems. She'll probably get the jump on the next try, or you can give her something to use as a step stool to get up there (they make one of mine much more brave about jumping up on high places). She won't hurt herself jumping now.

Beware that many bunnies pee or poo on beds, because they smell so much like us. She might be fine, or you might realize you don't want her up there anyway ;-)

My Becky cuddles in bed with us as we are relaxing before bed. It's very sweet when she snuggles under the covers and makes a little bun cave. She likes to lick the blankets/pillows but luckily has not peed or pooped anywhere. She will jump off the bed and go to her litterbox if she needs it.

jerseywool704 wrote:
So what I'm wondering is if any of you allow your bunnies on your bed?
Scone used to jump into bed with me last thing in the evening and first thing in the morning - I called him my furry alarm clock. When I first let him stay out of his cage at night he used to wake me up at first light - rabbits are crepuscular, after all, most active at dawn and dusk - but it didn't take him long to learn that Dad wanted to sleep later than that.

I just started letting Natasha stay out at night, and she's much more interested in actually spending the night on the bed than Scone was. I've gotten up a few times over the last couple of nights and found her snuggled against my legs, fast asleep.

I have an outdoor bun but I bring him inside to let him roam and play often. He loves my bed. He has pooed on it a couple times, but just the random droppings not a pile of droppings.
Today for the first time I let him on my nephews bed and he peed on his pillow and left a few droppings. This could be because I left his litter box in his cage though.. who knows.
The good thing about bunny poo is ..well its the "cleanest" poop I've ever seen. lol.

I let willow on the bed cuz she doesn't pee or poop but she does have a cloth fetish and has chewed holes in my comforter. She jumps all by herself and I have a king sized bed so it's pretty tall and she can do it with ease ( even for a fatty :big wink:)

Basil loves my bed (sofa, coffee tables, etc - anything high). I have wood floors and was worried about him jumping down and hurting himself so I put a plastic storage tub (about 18x24 surface and about 18" high)with a towel on it next to the bed to give him a middle step.

If you buy a large plasticy - fleece arctic blanket (like the ones they have in hotels), that is virtually pee-proof. Put that over your bed, and the pee/poop won't soak through.

Mike, I never knew that your bunners would sleep on the bed! That's awesome :D

Latest posts

Back