Trying to determine what our rabbits breed is.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhyMista

Reaction score
PICT0178.jpg

Here are two pictures of her that I took when we got her.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Shes and awesome Bun and her name is Rayu
PICT0176.jpg

If she is 7 weeks, she may be a Holland lop. Maybe her ears just haven't "lopped" yet. OUr kits look like this for a while as well and We have Hollands

Well they said she's about 4months. Our dward nethie was 7wks till she died:(

Never knew it took time for them to actually lop:D

Guess I need to do more research on holland lops. Anything specific to do with mini hollands?

Thanks

Not specific to Holland I don't think. They are born with "normal" looking ears and then eventually will drop down. They are really cute when one drops before the other...Kind of look like an airplane! :D

Oh ok well that's good to know. I can't wait to see her ears lop.

Hmmm now to figure out what to get her for a present today

If she is 4 months old, I'm pretty sure she's not a lop. They'd be down by now. Good luck figuring her out!

She might be a Holland Lop mix. Her face isn't round enough to be very much Holland.

How much does she weigh? She doesn't look big enough for 4 months, especially since her ears are so long...

Emily

Thats just what we were told. We're not sure how old she is but the lady said 4mos. I was thinking she was more around 2mos or so. Not sure how much she weighs yet.

Not sure what she might be, but she is definitely in no way Holland...not sure where that came from. lol Nothing about her type suggests Holland.

Lol ok I'm so new to this its not funny, I've got a lot down on how to take care of them etc but now on breeds.

Any suggestions lol.

Oh and here is a picture of our new black dwarf.
PICT0200.jpg

PICT0194.jpg

After looking at some pics of holland lops thats the closest thing I can think she could be.

Like I said before, she is not Holland at all...I raise Hollands. They have very wide heads and wide, short, compact bodies. Their ears are also small and would definitely be lopped by 4 months old.

Your rabbit does not have lop ears. I do see that they flop over a little at the tip, but they are otherwise vertical ears. She is also too narrow and long to be any part Holland.

I am guessing that she is just a "rabbit". Meaning that she's a definite mix, but not from two purebred rabbits...a mix from two other mixed breeds. Her conformation combined with colors and markings do not really suggest any breed in particular. I do breed and have researched a lot about the ARBA recognized breeds, I just don't see any of them in specific coming out in her.

She looks a lot like Moonlight but tinier. We believe moonlight is "Just a rabbit" A mix. Moonlight is a bit bigger then a new zealand and looks almost exactly like that but her ears don't flop at all.

Sorry about being bullheaded didn't mean to come off that way. I was just looking at pics and trying to compare her. Breeds are confusing

Back