true bleu's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sully is doing well and has retired from showing now to be a stud buck which he has proved to be very good at as LM had a litter of 7 with Sully as the father last thurs will post their pics in a mo just wanted to put soem sully pics up first. He is still a total mischief lol and very lovable

DSC03555.jpg

DSC03557.jpg

hmmm whats this??

DSC03558.jpg

whatcha mean its a dogs toy!!!!

DSC03560.jpg

DSC03561.jpg

DSC03563.jpg

This is Monster from LM's first litter you can see how big they have got now :D

DSC03694.jpg

and Chewie also from the first litter

DSC03695.jpg

and here is Lm and her babies enjoying breakfast indoors they have had great fun today and caused lots of mischeif it took ages till they wore themselves out then they all squished in the corner and looked like an F1 line up lol

DSC03670.jpg

DSC03672.jpg

What does their fur feel like? I've never seen a bleu before, but their fur looks so soft! Is it just like normal bunny fur, or is it softer? I've felt many different bunnies, and they all feel similar (for the most part). I'm just trying to get an idea of a bleu's fur type. :)

Side note: My two rabbits have different coat types. Sammi has really coarse hair that is laid flat to her back. Toby, on the other hand, doesn't have the stiff guard hairs as much, so his hair sticks up and is a little more fluffy.

thier such beautiful rabbits! :) i always like the blue coloring on any animal and i definately love how this breed looks

kherrmann3 wrote:
What does their fur feel like? I've never seen a bleu before, but their fur looks so soft! Is it just like normal bunny fur, or is it softer? I've felt many different bunnies, and they all feel similar (for the most part). I'm just trying to get an idea of a bleu's fur type. :)

Side note: My two rabbits have different coat types. Sammi has really coarse hair that is laid flat to her back. Toby, on the other hand, doesn't have the stiff guard hairs as much, so his hair sticks up and is a little more fluffy.

Their fur is soft :) its quite silky feeling (not like the velvet of the rex) def. more like silk. It is meant to be quite dense Like Sully has I don't really know how to describe his except he is like cuddling a huge teddy bear :D

Beverens are meant to have a very dense coat ( so if you roll it the wrong way you should not see any skin) monster and Sully have that.

They are also meant to have a good length to it around 1,1/2" and when you put your fingers in it they should get lost :)

they are so soft tho whether they have thick hair like sully or thinner hair like Lady Marmalade.

the netherland dwarfs feel a lot courser to the touch than Bevs. DUtch are much shorter but pretty smooth I have felt soem lionheads that feel a bit like a beveren.

TBH one of my favourite coats is on the satins though it is sooo thick and soft its wonderful

I know its not very nice but in days gone by beverens were very coveted for their fur to make coats with as well as their meat. especially because they didnt need to dye it. The royal family had Beverens in their royal rabbitry just as a random point :p

I hope that helps lol

Back