Trip Planning - post Aug. 19

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we're starting to get desperate..

Sunday the 21st I can get on the 7 pm ferry and do an overnight trip.
Tuesday the 24th I can take the 4 pm ferry and do an overnight trip as well.
And Thursday the 26th I have the day off.

I will ask for the first week of September off to help with anything.

Hey I'm free on Tuesday the 24th as well, though I don't get paid until Wednesday the 25th.
I can't be there on Thursday.
The following Monday/Tuesday, I am wide open and I'll do my best to keep that open for a trip over.
Mid-week is always the best time.

Can anybody do Saturday or Sunday? I connected with the woman who wants 16 rabbits, we need to trap them and I'd rather not leave it past the weekend!

Bill, can your people help? I'd rather not have to rent a car for the day on top of paying the ferry fees (I'll cover those and gas), so it would be awesome if Aaryn or Christina can make the trip.

s

Well, if by "covering" ferry costs you mean paying for the whole sum, I might be available...

Yup, all costs paid, but we may have to get a donation button back up for our 'Rescue Transport Fund' and use that to cover these trips.

But for now, hey, I have a credit card and I'm not afraid to use it!! (Just no fancy meals). ;)

s

Also, what happens to the babies that they catch? Obviously they can't speuter them if they're too young so... What happens?

Would the babies be at risk of euthanasia if UVic is trying to push an immediate resolution?

I think they're only trapping adults, but that's a good point, Mack's testicles have only now dropped.

We need to trap a bunch in advance so we can switch them!

Aaryn, can you go Saturday or Sunday? Christina??

s

I can cover it. Can we leave on the 6 AM (or earlier) Sunday? Or can you go Sat. night and sleep in the car? Or maybe go later on Sunday closer to dusk?

Bill, when are the bunnies out? (Esp. your group).

Sas, since carriers will be needed to transport the rabbits to Texas, should we load up the car with as many carriers as we can stuff in it?

This is, of course, if Bill is willing to temporarily part with some space to accommodate the carriers between now and when they would be needed.

Also, is there anyone in Victoria who would put up with us overnight? There really isn't much space in my car after x-pens and carriers and the like.

So... How about it, guys? =)

Maybe we can do a switch so that Christina can make it home for dinner and then April can come out for an overnight?

Yikes, I didn't post the tentative schedule here... (Fell asleep after a wrote it, did everything but hit 'send' LOL!)

Advance Pull / Bill

- My rabbitsonline.net group (which now includes Bill) is planning an advance ‘pull’ this weekend (probably Sunday) and we need to arrange/coordinate vet care, transport and holding areas. We will probably be going back to the Island on Tuesday.

- If they can be spayed/neutered, 16 rabbits can go to Sylvia in the Mattick Farm area. (I’m in touch with her).

- We can bring back roughly eight rabbits to Dr. Martinez late Sunday (if he’s there) for Monday spays and neuters. If Dr. Shaw is available, the others can go there. (Martinez will have a Tuesday travel deadline, but Shaw can take longer).

- We need to check Sylvia’s property on Sunday. I think she just wants to let them go but she may be needed to enhance her property for safety.

- She’s willing to pay for spays/neuters, but if those funds are covered by FBD, they it can be directed elsewhere.

- -They should be kept post surgeries in a holding area supervised almost 24/7 if possible, but they can stay in their carriers for day, hopefully with time in bigger cages or an x-pen after that.

Since writing that, it's turned out that no vets are likely to be available in Victoria this week so anybunny we catch may have to come over here regardless.

There's a meeting at 4 PM Sunday in Victoria I wouldn't mind making, but whatever works best.

I'd like to be able to go on two different days, the rabbits do have to get back to Sylvia.

Suggestions?

I've got a few questions still:
  1. Do we need to bring all the carriers available to us that will be used to transport these rabbits to Texas?
  2. If yes, then where will these carriers be stored?
  3. How many rabbits are we bringing back for speuters since Dr. Shaw is unavailable?
  4. Where will the rabbits we bring back live in the meanwhile?
  5. What time does Dr. Martinez's clinic close if we are to drop off rabbits on Sunday evening?

Latest posts

Back