Trio Tribulations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vvvvvvvv

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I had two pairs of rabbit for many years (Scotch+Fawkes and Jax+Jin). Unfortunately, in January one of my rabbits passed away (Scotch), so I bonded my third rabbit (Fawkes) into my remaining pair (Jin+Jax) without much issue at all, much to my surprise.

The problem now is, although there is no fighting or any aggressive behavior, Jax, one of the original rabbits in the pair, seems to be excluded by the other two. For example, Jin and Fawkes are always cuddling and grooming one another, while Jax sits by himself in the corner.

Is this something I should worry about? Is there any way to fix this? I feel really guilty for bringing in Fawkes and potentially ruining the relationship Jin and Jax had. Especially since Jax seems very lonely despite being in the same cage.

I would not worry about it personally, it hasn't been very long at all.

If there is no fighting or bullying, that just may be what their group dynamic is. This dynamic has the potential to change over time too. Kind of like a human group of friends, just because one is quieter than the rest doesn't mean they are any less happy.

This is the risk of a trio. Over a little time, they may become closer as a trio. But it's also just as likely that the third rabbit will continue to be excluded. There's not much you can do besides finding him his own friend, or spend more time with him yourself.

This has some links of others attempting bonding trios.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Bonding_rabbits_together

Latest posts

Back