Tribute Video 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
Before I left I committed myself to do the Tribute video for those lost in 2009, so I’ve come back to start sorting that out, however, if someone else has taken on the task, please let me know and I’ll poddle off again. That’s absolutely not a problem and I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes.

My current aim is to get this on here as soon into January are possible, which is why I am starting this now.

The current list of lost buns I have is (this includes buns lost from 1[sup]st[/sup] Jan 09 to today) If there are any errors or any bunnies missing please PM me to tell me:
~*Midnight Moon*~ Plenilune
~*Midnight Moon*~ Natalie
ani-lover Thumper
Atorres61472 Zin
aurora369 Zeke
Basil Basil
Becca Jessica
birdlover Tinkerbell
Blaze_Amita Cater
BSAR Autumn
Camarie Stormy
Camarie Gizmo
CKGS Abby
CKGS Binx
CKGS Kate
Coniglio Koga
DazyDaizee Wally
Dinkys Mom Dinky
EdieRabbitsMom Edie
edwinf8936 Mini
Elf Mommy Elf
emilyasb Earless Bun
evibugz Cuddles
Fancy77 Holly
Fancy77 Lucy
Fancy77 Trixie
fffarmergirl Angora Doe
Flash Flash
Flashy Summer
FlopsnWills Charlie
Flopsy Fluffy
fluffy bunnies Sandy
fuzz16 Dalton
gentle giants Hope
gentle giants Sweetheart
gingers_giants Misty
gingers_giants Emmy
gingers_giants Gretchen
gingers_giants Mister Moo
Glenn Hornsby
GoinbacktoCali Dodge
GoodBunny Dooley
hailiejade Beau
Happi Bun Dewey
Hawkertinger Bubba
Hayley411 Sherbert
hok9 Bella
HoneyPot Charlie
ilovetoeatchocolate Hope
irishlops Bubble
irishlops Wriggle
irishlops Squeak
jbrule Houdini
JenniferCameron Caramel
Kamaor Kirby
killertheturtle Bruce Wayne
kirst3buns Penny
KookieKing Zell
kooldanny64 Fluffy
Korr_and_Sophie Sean
kweenkylie Jojo's biggest baby
kweenkylie Little Girl
Leland1 Blue
Leland1 Baby
littlemisslacie Reese
lucylocket's friend Bean
LucysMommy Lucy
Luv-bunniz Casper
Luvmyzoocrew Sooty
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears Fluffy
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears Monsters
MagnoliaDee Jacub
maherwoman Flower
maherwoman Trixie
maherwoman Cuddles
maherwoman SweetPea
Malexis Grasshopper
marnarojas Mr. Bun
mel Bun Bun
mgs926 Miss Figaro
Michaela Bubbles
momof2buns Abby
MousQwene Luna
MousQwene and Orgrath Rorschach
MrHobbsMissB Luv
MrHobbsMissB Joy
MrHobbsMissB Abby
MyBabyBunnies Naomi
myheart Luna
Nancy McClelland Lilly
Nancy McClelland Bonnie
nicolevins George
NZminilops Sakura
Orchid Simon
pappy1264 Carrot
penguinsrxcore Tai
pepperdog Pepperdog
pinksalamander Archie
Pipp Radar
pla725 Smitten
plainjane Baby Bunny
polly Nibbler
polly Indy
polly Dennis
porr Chloe
prince_and_thumper Milkshake
queenadreena Millie
ra7751 Chyna
ra7751 Danny
ra7751 Bucky
RabbitLover94 Oreo
ratmom Oliver
Revverress Noel
RexLovables Daizi
Sabine Bobby
sarahb0305 bunny
sha1Oly88 Buffy
sha1Oly88 Ash
shinji2004 Charlie
SouthernBuns Nita
Sterling Lop Rabbitry Pepe
Strongheart Marley
SunnyCait Ben
SweetSassy Sassy
Tam24927 Holly
Tam24927 Rose
Tam24927 Honey
Techturnedfarmer New Zeland Doe
timetowaste Nemo
TinysMom Billy Sunny
TinysMom Miss Bea
TinysMom Minnie Pearl
TinysMom Girly Girl
TinysMom Matilda/Nancy
TinysMom Liberty
TinysMom Harley Quinn
TinysMom Barry
TinysMom Marmalade
TinysMom GC
TK Bunnies Kali
Wabbitdad12 and wabbitmom12 Mr. Muffin
Wabbitdad12 and wabbitmom12 Thumper
Wabbitdad12 and wabbitmom12 Lil Blue
werecatrising Luna
wordstoasong Pretzel
yamaya17 Smokey
yamaya17 Snowy
zitromd Mooy
Zouave Poppy

It is important now to say that if anyone is unfortunate enough to lose a bun between now and the end of 2009 it WILL still be in the video, I’m just ensuring I can do this properly and those people who wish to contribute something have enough time to do so, which is why I have started early. I will produce a final list on the 1[sup]st[/sup] January 2010.

This is how those I have pictures of will look like at a basic level (it’s very similar to what I did before- which can be found here http://www.megavideo.com/?v=35IEJKQV)
-FlashySummer2.jpg

I would really like to make these as personalised as possible, so have come up with a few ways to do this.

Firstly, I have some designs and pictures which can be added to the most appropriate rabbits. I am also open to designing more (or trying to) if people specifically want something else, so suggestions are welcome. These are also still being tweaked until I find completely what I am happy with, but this is the general idea.

Currently, I have these.

For a bunny who lived life to the full.
Sunshine.jpg

This does not show it ideally, but it might be used something like this

1FlashySummer1.jpg

For a bunny that you want to be remembered in a happy (or something else positive) way. (I’m not sure if the music note is the right one to use for this, so I may change it-I’m open to suggestions)
MusicNote.jpg

-FlashySummermusicnote.jpg

For a heart bunny.
Heart.jpg

-FlashySummerheart.jpg

For those who want a marker of respect.
Cross.jpg

-FlashySummercross.jpg

I also quite like the idea of having different text colours if people want that for their bunny. This might look something like this.
-FlashySummergradientcolouredtext.jpg

I’m also interested in quotes, music or anything relevant that people want to suggest for the video.

The other idea that I had involves more active participation, and this is the main reason why I am posting so early. On last year’s video I used ‘stolen’ pictures of rainbows as a background for mentioning those buns that I did not have pictures of (if you’re not sure what I mean then check out last year’s video http://www.megavideo.com/?v=35IEJKQV ).

I’m thinking this year it would be nice for people to contribute their own design (this is the main specific reason I have posted this so early). So what I’m looking for is for people to submit scene that they feel would be appropriate for this video. This could be a scene with a rainbow and some landscape, or what you imagine Rainbow Bridge to be, a photo you have taken yourself (say of a rainbow, or some peaceful scenery), it could be a drawing or a collage, it could be a digitally created scene or similar, or anything else you feel might work. I do ask though that we have no photos of pets or other animals in there, and I guess no pictures of people either, because I feel that might detract away from the rabbit being mentioned. Remember, this is a general picture and will be used to remember several different rabbits. I can’t promise to use them all (because I don’t know how many people might be interested), I also can’t actually promise to use any of them, but any that are used will have a mention of the artist on them. If you want to do one of these, then please let me know so I know if I am waiting for any submissions (I would hate to complete the video and miss out someone’s work because I didn’t realise it was being done).

If you want something specific for your bun/s then please PM me. You can send all, or part of the following bit, or just tell me exactly what you would like. I will not be on very regularly but will reply to a PM when I do check, so please be patient.

If you were unfortunate enough to lose more than one bun this year then feel free to tell me specifics for each bunny.

1, What picture, if any, would you like with your bun?
2, What colour, if any, would you like the text to be?
3, Do you have any quotes or poems that you think might be appropriate for the video?
4, Do you have any song recommendations that could be used in the video?

I have was going to orginially keep this thread locked, but I no longer have mod powers so that’s not practical, however, I ask for anything related to a specific rabbit to be dealt with privately, via PM, to make sure that all people get heard and no one is missed.

I will also be contacting those whose bunny I don’t have a picture of, or whose picture is too small (or for any other query I may have), specifically via PM. If I do not contact you that is because I have a good picture, either from an RB tribute thread, or from another post somewhere (I have often gone rifling through profiles and past posts and threads and blogs to find good pictures of the bun/s you have lost). This will be done throughout December.

Unless anyone has any dispute of this, or someone is already doing it, I would like to do a smaller tribute to other animals that have been lost this year. I can’t promise they will all get a mention in it though because of what I’m aiming to do, but there will be a tribute of some sort as a separate video.

If you do have any questions please feel free to PM me and anything to do with the video I will reply to when I next come on.

Hope you’re all well.

I'm sorry for all your losses.

My heart breaks for all those names, such a long list..for all that has been lost...

Love works in miracles every day: such as weakening the strong, and stretching the weak; making fools of the wise, and wise men of fools; favouring the passions, destroying reason, and in a word, turning everything topsy-turvy.

~ Marguerite De Valois

The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.

~ Pearl S. Buck

I have loved to the point of madness,
That which is called madness,
That which to me,
Is the only sensible way to love.

F. Sagan

You can't buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.

~Henny Youngman

Far away is close at hand
Close joined is far away,
Love shall come at your command
Yet will not stay.

~Robert Graves

Flashy - I only posted these losses in my blog (I think)- but while I went to Maine in Sept/Oct - we had a virus sweep through our rabbitry and among the losses were:

Tio
Harry
Harriet
Aggie
Meathead
Sapphira
Isenstar (Izzy)

I would like to have them included also. I will find pictures and send them to you if needed.

Thanks so much for doing this - you do such an awesome job at the videos!

I'm really sorry Peg :( I've added them all to the list. Would you prefer Isenstar to be Isenstar or Izzy?

I'll be in touch about pics in due course :)

I just found a bunny not on that list, who should be, so aurora360 and her bunny Sekura have now been added to the list.

Thanks Flashy, I was going to let you know about Sekura, but you beat me to it.

I've got some new pictures that I haven't posted that I would like used. I'll PM you the ones I want once I've gone through them all.

--Dawn

Aw Flashy, thanks so much. Wonderful that you're doing this and wonderful just to see you here, even though it's a sad thread. Thanks for thinking of Radar.

sas :hug2:

aurora369 wrote:
Thanks Flashy, I was going to let you know about Sekura, but you beat me to it.

I've got some new pictures that I haven't posted that I would like used. I'll PM you the ones I want once I've gone through them all.

--Dawn
Sorry about missing her. She is, to me, one of the most memorable buns on the forum and I have no idea where she went because she was right at the top of my list to start with.

Please do send me the pics, of Sekura and Zeke, I'll happily use those :)

Elf Mommy wrote:
If you compile the photos, Tracy, can I have copies of them for the memorial for the calendar?
Yup, that's more than fine :) Makes the most sense to me.

Just to let you know I'm going to start contacting people about photos (but this will take a while to do). If you have a photo you want specifically used and I don't contact you then feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to use the photos people want used :)

Just wanted to say that someone asked me to do a rainbow picture to go with the name, so I have done, and this will also be an option for anyone else who wants a rainbow picture(the rainbow itself will get edited though because this one is a bit dodgy, but this is the rough idea).

Rainbow.jpg

Latest posts

Back