trials of a growing baby...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Poor little Bub can't figure out WHY mommy won't let him pee on the floor....

Finally he figured out he wasn't supposed to do it, but he hasn't yetfigured out where he IS supposed to go. Every time he put his tail upto go, I grabbed him and put him in the litter box. :p

Well, that was REALLY confusing him! I think it will take awhile untilhe figures out that's where he was supposed to go. But at least hefigured out that peeing all over is NOT ok.

I'll try another go at it tomorrow (he lives ouside and all I want himto do is learn that when he comes in, he can't go all over the place.)We'll see if that's possible--the big bunnies eventually grew out ofthe habit as they got big enough to control themselves. By the time hestarts spraying, he'll be big enough to play outside.

We had a little power struggle as to where a certain boy is and is notallowed to go. Once they get an idea in their heads.....whew! He wastrying so hard to trick me and sneak past, but he's so obvious about ithe got foiled every time! He got mad and bit me, but I told him NO andtapped him on the head, whereupon he flounced off.

Carrying him is crazy....he can't sit still, and I have tried everyposition and technique I've ever heard. No luck! He keeps squirming! Iknow that, at least, he'll grow out of it. He likes to perch, and thenswitch direction quickly.

lol

What a moodyboy! I think puberty has hit in the last fewdays. It's about the right timing. I'm in for a wild ride in the nextfew months!!! ;)

But with all the bad moods and defiance and sheer craziness, there'ssome awfully sweet moments. I was scratching along his backbone and hiseyes slowly closed and his ear drooped. And he still runs and jumps inmy lap for a quick kiss before he's off and running again.

hehe....no matter how much I growl about his new quirks, this is a funage. I love him no matter how naughty he is, and I know from experiencethat this won't last forever.

Rose

Bub's about 9 wks., and already approaching thesize of my Hollands. He is an adorable boy, despite his moods, and isan incorrigible flirt.

He likes to show off when he wants attention. He does this little hopstraight off the ground from all four feet, then crashes around thecage bouncing off the walls, shaking his head and flapping his earsback and forth--then comes to see how impressed I am....:D

He's just starting to have his adult hair replacing the baby down. Hishair is gorgeous shiny dark orange, and his body is getting long andleggy. If sexual development comes around 12 wks., he seems to beheaded in that direction judging from all the mood swings!

Rose

I think i am in for that to!! All of my babiesare three weeks today..their little personalitys are all starting tocome out.......I bet its a lot of fun!!

yeah, you're in for that too!!!hehehe

bwahahahaha!!!!;)

Babies are soooo funny. Wait til about 6 wks, things get crazy then! At3 wks they are small, fuzzy, adorable, and perfect.....love thatage.....

Rose

Latest posts

Back