treat overload?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PwnzorsNTittylwinks

Reaction score
I have dried fruit treats for my rabbit, he usually gets one at night before bedtime.
today I went to give him a small piece because its nice out and I wanted to play but he headbutted the box and i dropped and spilled them everywhere. I did my best at keeping him off while i tried to pick them all up (think 52 card pick up but with treats and an overly excited small bunny trying to beat you at it). I think he got about 3 or 4 while i was scrambling. Im home alone so i didnt have my boyfriend to help me hold him back, and hes like a slicked pig when it came to trying to grab him before he got to them.

do you think he will be okay or could this cause any issues? he is eating his hay and what he has left over in his greens/veggie bowl right now, hes definitely hyper though!

I just want to know if anyone elses bunny has ever had a little accident like this one where they got access to a lot of treats or non-bunny food at once?

Are they just the little bits of dried fruit, like a raisin size?
I would say 3-4 isn't bad, its all he should get in a day though! haha.

I'm sure everyone has had something like that happen, where the buns just go crazy and attack the food you have. I spilled some wine once, on the top of my foot and my bun licked it off. I've heard of other peoples buns eating spaghetti and protein bars and rum and cokes.

So I'm sure a few extra piece of fruit isn't going to hurt him! As long as he continues to eat his hay and everything else he's supposed to be eating and his poops aren't soft, then I'm sure he's fine.

Back