Treasuresandstuff's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burnie has his appointment made with the vet for his neuter! He will go in July 20th at about 8 am and come home a little after 2pm. We will line his cage with towels for the first day home as he will be wobbly and groggy from the anesthetic. for the operation. Now we are working on putting together the money to pay for Diamond's spay.

Next week we will be taking in 2 cats in need and one or two more rabbits in need. This will put us at capacity for animals we can help. At least at this point in time.

We really appreciate everyone here giving us advice and helping us with our decisions for everything involving the rabbits. This is a wonderful site!

Wow, that is awesome someone donated $100. That is really sweet of them.

I also have a white haired red eyed lionhead. You should share some pictures of your bunnies.

Sorry we have not posted new photos of these guys! Been very busy trying to bulk them up to healthy buns instead of bags of bunny bones. As well as working so hard to try to get the money to get them "fixed". Here are the latest! Their cages have been cleaned and we swapped Burnie into the bigger cage for a little while so he could move around more.

Here is Burnie:

DSCF3324.jpg

Here is Diamond:

DSCF3325.jpg

We worried that Diamond's cage would be too short for Burnie, vertically but he has shown us we were worried for nothing :) He likes the cage and plays with the block toy I made for them. He has shredded 4 "rest mats" so far. We are looking into some of those awesome grass mats. As soon as both are altered we will bond them then build a nice sized run/pen style cage for them to share. Its going to be really neat!

Quick note before I go work on some stuff. Just finalized getting the other classroom rescue. She is roughly the same age as Diamond. Mum was accidentally bred over this years spring break. It was an oops because kids from two classrooms who happened to be siblings brought home their classroom rabbits for spring break. Parents assumed they were fixed and let them play together. Mum is a black and white ND and dad is a black lionhead. We are told that Fluffy is a caramel color and has smooth fur. She has bar biting issues, nipping issues, and hates to be picked up if needed. She also needs to be spayed. We can take care of that. She comes with a cage but we will work on a better one and hope she can be bonded to the others after being altered. None of the bonding will be rushed. We are in no hurry.

We are also going to be looking in on a meat rabbit place (shudder) we have been told the mix run them and never know when kits will be born and the babies are lucky to make it to "the right size". Will keep you guys posted. If it is as bad as we are being told I am going to get my local house rabbit society's attention drawn to it. I can not tackle that kind of operation on my own.

Pics of Fluffy will be posted as soon as we get her home and settled in.

We got home a little later than we thought we would so no real work with the new rabbits today. Just feed and water. Did grab a few pics though:

Carmella (formerly Fluffy)
Carmella7-08-10A.jpg

Carlito
Carlito7-08-10A.jpg

I am really feeling the pinch for money right now. I want so badly to make the cages for these guys but I just do not have the money to get all the supplies at once AND get them altered so I can try to bond them. I feel pulled in a million directions. I stay focused on getting them altered so I don't go nuts but the rest still hurts that I can not help with everything all at once.I have the designs figured out for the pens. At least in my head. I just need the supplies. I am going to do the girl's pens first since they have to endure those tiny cages for now. Its only fair to them.

Latest posts

Back