Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivka

Reaction score
Hi!
So we are going away for a long weekend, and we usually leave Thumper with grandma but thumper tires grandma out and its hard for grandma to watch her.

1. How do you get your bunny ready for travel?( it would be a 3 1/2-4 car ride)

2. What carrier is recommended to use that she cant tear up and that it won't hurt her? (fabric wouldn't be good bc Thumper would would like to chew it right up) (Also we are looking for a carrier that is not over $25 )

3. What do you do about food and water?

AND..

4. Do you just take her cage with you? or do you take something else? (we are thinking about taking the main cage and leaving the extension)

THANKS!

Here's a link that shows how to safely transport a rabbit (carrier, etc.)
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Transport/Car/Car.htm

I try to keep the trip as short as possible (by not having frequent stops which I think make it more stressful). I also keep hay in the carrier but typically buns will ignore food and water during the stress of the car ride. It's good to have it, though, in case they want some.

I take an x-pen to serve as the cage during trips. It is easier to transport and takes less space. I also bring a collapsed cardboard box that I can assemble upon arrival. (Or, I've also used said box to carry all bunny supplies.)

For flooring, I bring a heavy duty tarp and a fleece blanket for on top. I also try to bring a mat or two from their cage so that it will make it more familiar.

Here are a couple photos of set-ups. One at a hotel, one at a cabin.

Attachments

• 100_8360.JPG
    100_8360.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_8894.JPG
    100_8894.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back