Traveling from Italy to Texas what documents do I need??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorsmom

Reaction score
I have been living in italy and I am going back home to Texas. I am bringing my rabbit with me. But, no one here in italy knows what documents I need to introduce a rabbit to the U.S!!! Any help?

I just called the USDA about this for a friend of mine. If you go to the USDA web site, you will see all the information for rabbits. Be sure to get some type of Health Certificate that is also in English. I was given that info before when I was looking to bring an animal in from South America to the US. It will help with Customs and Immigration. I will see if I still have the info and try to post it here.

Vanessa

Thank you!! I called the CDC and they explained to me what I need to enter the U.S which is basically really nothing! They check in customs that the bunny is ok and the certificate and its good to go! My only issue is traveling within European cities like rome to frankfurt in germany. So far some say yes I need a passport but others say this isnt required for bunnies.
Awee and thank you! Its actually a male bunny hahah his name is Thor :) ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397507068.494970.jpg

Customs in any country can be a pain to deal with. Rabbits usually aren't covered by any rules, so a customs official might not know what to do when one comes through. They aren't that common, so not something that would be seen every day (where a cat or dog could be on every flight possibably).

Try to ere on the side of caution. Get a health certificate. Get any import rules printed off so you have them, try to include websites so there is some way to look it up if needed. If you think you might need a passport, then look into getting one and even actually getting one.

Also make sure you have him booked on the flight well in advance and that they take rabbits. He might not be able to be in the cabin with you. The carrier needs to be suitable for air travel, and some airlines have different requirements for in the cabin and in cargo. If you are using a few different airlines, they could all be different, so you need a carrier that can work for all of them.

Not a bad idea! i will print the rules and laws out then! I got contacted from Frankfurt vet services in the airport but they said nothing about a passport lets hope its that way! Thank you for all you guys help! :)

Latest posts

Back