TRANSPORT: PA to MI -RESOLVED-

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
i wish i could help, but i am in the wrong part of michigan to be of any aide. . .

hopefully it all works out. . .

If she would be willing to wait another monthuntil the end of April....that's when Dutch Nationals are and they arein Kalamazoo,MI. There's a LOT of dutch breeders in the tri-state areawho will be driving out there. I suggest locating the Dutch breeders inPA and Ohio and see if between the lot of them they might be able toaid in transport.

-JAK

Thanks for the tip JAK. I was actually wonderingabout this since I know there are a lot of shows coming up, I just dontknow howthe bundergroundpeople feelaboutworking with breeders. You know how the whole rescue v breeders thinggoes. I think it would have to be someone I know and trust in order torecommend them.

Also, I think its pretty urgent. The woman who is giving them up is terminally ill and doesnt have much time left. :(

Theyre working on getting a schedule and route, if anyone can help, please pm me.

Hi Haley, I have volunteered, if the transport moves through NJ from the North end
of NJ ( via Route 80). If there is anyone that can move themfrom West of Allentown, towards Pittsburg, this would behelpful. Charlotte

Well, if its that urgent, mayebt heBunderground people shouldn't be so picky, eh? If people are willign tohelp for a better cause, I think they shoudl try to see pastit. In a way though I see where they are coming from. Butthere's a difference from beign a breeder and a responsible breeder. Icouldnt' ebar to see one of my babies go for meat or through anauction. Even if I havet o give them to pet stores, that's still betterand I know they're goign to ''pet'' homes. I work with a pet storenearby that is just great. My bunnies sell realyl quick because theyare so tame.
And the one mini rex I brought there ended up going home with an employee.

-JAK

Haley wrote:
Thanks for the tip JAK. I wasactually wondering about this since I know there are a lot of showscoming up, I just dont know howthebundergroundpeople feelabout working with breeders.You know how the whole rescue v breeders thing goes. I think it wouldhave to be someone I know and trust in order to recommend them.

Also, I think its pretty urgent. The woman who is giving them up is terminally ill and doesnt have much time left. :(

Theyre working on getting a schedule and route, if anyone can help, please pm me.

Heres the schedule (hopefully) for transport this weekend:

Sat. March 9th through Sun. March 10th

Philadephia to Lancaster-STILL NEEDED!

Lancaster to Harrisburg- May be Covered

Harrisburg to Pittsburgh (2 segments): STILL NEEDED!

Pittsburgh to Ohio border- NEEDED

Ohio to Michigan (2 segments)- possiblycovered later Sat evening or Sun
evening

Here's the situation:
From what the owner says, it sounds like there is a bonded group of 3,
another 3 that can travel in a carrier together but are not necessarily
bonded, and 4 that each must go in their own carrier.

So the bunnies will take up a lot of space in the car. If anyone canhelp, please let me know. You dont have to be a bunderground member tohelp out- this is from a private owner to a MI rescue, bunderground isjust helping to coordinate.

Thanks!

Hey all! I am in Ohio I can fosterthem and find New homes for them if transporting to Michigan is theissue I am in south central Ohio I am only 2.5 hours from PA boarderand I have people here wanting to adopt bunnies and give them a newhome. If this makes transport easier I will be willing to getthem New Homes.

Ben

Hi Ben!

Well, they actually dont need homes for the bunnies. The lady is makinga donation to the Michigan rescue and they will stay there permanently.The rescue houses several rabbits permanently and this lady hasrequested they stay there.

So were just trying to move them from PA to MI. Do you have anyone willing to be involved in a transport?

Thanks!

No Sorry! I wish I did I could do more if I hadsomeone. Right now I am gearing up for Easter seasonrescues. I have already call the local Humae Society and thelocal paper and the paper is Publishing a thing for me FREE and theHumane society Has all my information too. I have recievedsome Donations from some local 4-H clubs for the bunnies we areexpecting. But if I can be any futher Help Please let me Know.

Ben

Well, I just got an email from the House Rabbitsociety telling me about this. And They were looking for someone nearPittsburgh to take the 7 bunnies into Ohio. I made some phone calls andemails.

I guess now that person is...me. And I'll be making a 2+hour trip to Ohio with the bunnies in tow on Sunday.

And all before breakfast. I shouldn't even be awake yet....

Wow lotz of huggs..that is an extremly nicething to do... you dont really know them and your helping them andthere rabbits...that is sutch a sweet thing to do. You are an extreamlynice person!:)

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Well, I just got an email from the House Rabbit society tellingme about this. And They were looking for someone near Pittsburgh totake the 7 bunnies into Ohio. I made some phone calls and emails.

I guess now that person is...me. And I'll be making a 2+hour trip to Ohio with the bunnies in tow on Sunday.

The members at the Lagomorph Lounge are workingwith Bunderground on this transport also. It lookslike we have members that can complete the transport from Columbus, OHto the finish. We also have someone willing to transport fromHarrisburg to Pittsburg.

Heck yeah I am.

lovethetailyall wrote:
Wow lotz ofhuggs..that is an extremly nice thing to do... you dont really knowthem and your helping them and there rabbits...that is sutch a sweetthing to do. You are an extreamly nice person!:)

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Well, I just got an email from the House Rabbit society tellingme about this. And They were looking for someone near Pittsburgh totake the 7 bunnies into Ohio. I made some phone calls and emails.

Looks like its all covered! The bunnies were picked up today and transported to PA, tomorrow they will continue on to Michigan.

Thanks Jesse and everyone from LL who is making this possible!

Make sure to get us some pics if you can!

Condolences to the poor woman in the sad position of giving up her bunnies in the first place. :pink iris:

Thanks to Ben (also for your post on the Rescue List in the Library)for the offer, and Haley, Dootsmom,Jesse (yah Jesse!),Slavetoabunny, Bundergroundand the Lagomorph Lounge formaking it all happen.

Great job guys!! :hug:

sas:bouquet:

Jesse gets to meet LL's amazing head moderatorAlohi when she picks up the buns in Pittsburg. Keith who istaking the buns from her in Ohio is another amazing person.He and his wife are extremely active in the Buckeye HRS. I'vebeen to their home near Toledo and they usually foster 15+ bunnies atany one time there. So many caring people!!!!

Safe travels to all - and we want pictures.

Latest posts

Back