Trancing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaymas

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but how on earth do you actually trance a bunny? I've been trying and trying and I have no idea if I'm actually doing it right. What are you supposed to do????:?

There is alot of controversy about trancing a rabbit...I am on the side that it is not a good thing to do. Trancing is a prey response. Rabbits do this to themselves in the wild if they are being attacked. Essentially it is "playing dead". Trancing your bunny will only make it upset with you when it gets up...i suggest not doing it

I dunno, I think it depends on the bunny - mine are very forgiving about it if I have to flip them on their backside to clip nails or something, but I know some bunnies get stressed out by it. I don't do it very often and definitely wouldn't recommend it with a bunny who seemed stressed out by the experience. it may help that mine were 7-8 weeks old and already used to being handled when I got them, so they're pretty easy-going about that sort of thing.

I usually offer a tiny piece of fruit before and after to make it a more positive experience for them and once I've got them flipped back over so they're right-side up, I'll pet them from nose to tail until their teeth chatter with happiness - that alone is enough for mine to forgive the trancing.

OMG I trance mine all the time. Just make sure if they happen to wake up fast they can't fall and hurt themselves if they move to fast.

I've gone to a friends house who has rabbits and tranced hers no problem. She was amazed how easily I did it.

I do it in my arms on my lap. Ijust keep gently rubbing their head from between their nose to between their ears with my thumb very very gently.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back