Quantcast

Trader Joes Freeze Dried Banana Slices?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

cloverbunny

Reaction score
Hi! Is it safe to give rabbits Trader Joes Freeze Dried Banana Slices? Is there any difference between those and Oxbow Freeze Dried Bananas? One costs a lot less!

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
They are completely safe! I have actually been needing to swing by Trader Joes to get some of these for Theo because Oxbow Freeze-Dried Treats are SO expensive.
Just so you know, Dollar Tree has started selling some freeze-dried fruits and I have been trying them out with Theo. I was very surprised that the dried bananas, apples, and mangoes didn't have any added sugar (stay away from the strawberries because there is added sugar).

Happy Hollands

Reaction score
Yes, I have been using the TJ freeze-dried bananas for a few years now, just make sure the treat is used sparingly as banana is so sugary! Bunnies will come running for these...

AVIE

RUBY RUM BUNS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get big bags of the Bare brand at BJs for half of what I pay at the grocery. It is only bananas.

Jurisfiction

Reaction score
What about if I give him the dehydrated banana slices that I freeze? Or strawberries? As a treat?

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
What about if I give him the dehydrated banana slices that I freeze? Or strawberries? As a treat?
Do you mean giving them dried banana chips that you have put in the freezer? As long as there is no added sugar it is safe.

Latest posts