Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget this one, Carolyn!

BUMP!!!!

hehe

Carolyn wrote:
Rabbit meat is sold in some grocery stores down here.
My dog is allergic to chicken/beef (gives her build up in her ears), sowe feed her dog food made from rabbit..just glad it's not myrabbit haha...although I'm sure she would looove to get herjaws around him! I can't even think about it! Mydog also eats dog food made from venison and lamb...that poodle hasclassy taste..hehe...

one time when she was a puppy, she found a nest of rabbits in my yardand killed them...:shock:...horrible, I know...the worst part wasfinding all the babies strewn around my yard...I don't think I'll everget that image out of my head!

Haha, I'm sorry! It is true though, andnature can be cruel, whether you like it or not! It is a wayof life...and I couldn't punish my puppy for doing something that comesnatural...

-Vanessa

"haha" what does that mean-you findthat funny? I never suggested that punishing a puppy wassomething you should do for it doing something that comesnaturally to it. Also it didn't seem that you were warninganybody of the dangers of animalinstinct,butjust telling a gruesome storyinstead.

Well, I think Vanessa was saying that althoughshe wouldn't eat her bunny or let her dog near him, she has to feed herdog rabbit based food. (believe it or not my cat is thesame..... has ear problems (swelling) from beef and seafood).... wetried Duck and pea food but he wouldn't eat it so I put him on achicken and rice food and he's doing a lot better.

I actually find this interesting because I had never known anyone else who's animals had EAR problems from allergies.

If Vanessa was being gruesome, I think she would actually describe themeans of making the food. There are many bi-products in all sorts ofdog/cat food. Did you know there are animal products in someof the cheap bunny food? There are.

And she's no more guilty of anything than others in this post sayinghow it's a joke to "fatten up" their bunnies or whatever. Wetease our little guy and say he's gonna be HOSSENPFEFFER or somethingif he's not a good boy.

There are people who eat rabbit, let alone animals. That's afact of life. My neighbors hunt and eat wildrabbit. No one is condoning a dog getting a pet rabbit, butya know what? A LOT of them would like to and some have.

If it's not something you do (which personally the thought gags me aswell) I can understand, but it's not something to hide in a mode ofdenial. Someone who has a petpig might feel thesame about me eating a pork chop.

I think you missed the point, I was not referringto her dogs allergy but the fact that she has thoughtlessly left withus, the same image that will haunt her (dead baby bunniesstrewn across her back yard) in case you missed thatpart.

Well, I did miss that part originally.

However, we have discussed many things on this board and we see things all the time.

There are rabbits bred and raised especially for snake food, people food, etc.,

There are many animals that are natural prey for other animals.

Everyone has their own way of discussing and/or dealing with things like that.

Also, when you have different kinds of animals you do have some issuesthat can be a bit tragic, and could affect some more than others....

I've seen many things that could come up in conversation.When you join a large group of people talking on one board not everyonewill agree or appreciate everything everyone says..... Noteveryone is going to cater to everyone's personality.

Patrific...I was merely sharing an experiencethat I had....no one else seemed to have a problem with it.If you read this forum more in depth and look at some threads createdin the past, you will see some horrible stories that people felt theneed to share. I'm sorry if this has offended you, I wasn'ttrying to make anyone upset...I guess people just take to some storiesdifferentley than others.

-Vanessa

I must admit that I do have a problem with theway this is going. I don't see why this is even being discussed in athread for Rabbit Toys. I personally found what VNess2010 first postedto be in very bad taste. I don't see why it had to be so graphic. Icried at the very thought. And I felt the apology was sarcastic and abit rude.

I'm sorry butI agree with Patrific, there really was no needfor this. My son is on this forum and I for one don't want him to readsomething like that.

I do know that rabbits are a food source for other animals and people.Iam a firm believer in to each his own...I just don't feel Ineed to be reminded in such a way.

Tina

Listen, I don't wanna fight, maybe we should act like this never happened!

I'm feeling pretty hurt and a bit threatened, but I'm going to end itat that...I hope you guys realize that I have joined this forum withgood intentions...and I hope my regularity on this forum proves that toyou...

sincerely (not sarcastically) apologize for misunderstandings,

-Vanessa

VNess2010,

Thank you for being Gracious enough to apologize. That really does meanalot. I do not want to fight either. I am not exactly sure why you feelthreatened and hurt. That was not my intention but I do feel I need topoint out that maybe that's how Patrific felt. I am notquestioning your intentions. You seem to be a very dedicated bunnyparent.

Tina

Latest posts

Back