Toys...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xila

Reaction score
Hello! Xila here, And I want the best for my bunny, and I want to check these few things-

1. I have a towl in her cage, and I often see her nibbling on it. Is this ok? If not, what should I do? I see threads saying rugs are bad, but is a towl different? (I'm talking an old bath towl)

2. I have a phone book here and I want to check for the type of ink. (Soy-based is ok, right?)
Where would I find this information? I've been thumbing through the book a half hour now and I'm having no luck.

And:

3. What kind of home made toys can I make her?
a. And Home Made treats?

4. BunBun's cage is in a little corner by my computer- I admit it gets very dark and cold. What can I do about this? Do you think she minds?
a. When it turns winter, should I make her water a bit warmer than I would? ( Usualy I do pain cold tap water... I was thinking since it gets so cool where she is, if I should warm the water slightly.)

5. I want to make a chickenwire extention to her cage (Since we have dogs and cats, it is extremly inconvient to let her run around.) But my mom claims it is "Inconveient" for her. o_O I don't see why- it is just a bit of room she never looks at, never walks through, has no access to wires or anything like that, and has no carpet or expensive floring. How can I convince her that this will be ok?

6. I want to put in some sort of plushie for her. What would be ok?

Xila wrote:
Hi Xila! I'll see if I can help...
1. I have a towl in her cage, and I often see her nibbling on it. Is this ok? If not, what should I do? I see threads saying rugs are bad, but is a towl different? (I'm talking an old bath towl) Towels are safe as long as your bun doesn't eat the threads. A little nibbling is ok, but if she's actually eating it, I'd take it out.

2. I have a phone book here and I want to check for the type of ink. (Soy-based is ok, right?)
Where would I find this information? I've been thumbing through the book a half hour now and I'm having no luck. Phone books are great toys! Most of them are printed with soy based ink. The phone company should be able to tell you for sure.

And:

3. What kind of home made toys can I make her? There are lots of home made toys you can make for your bunny..toilet paper tube stuffed with hay, cardboard mazes/houses, etc. Check out the Bunny 101 section on toys, it has tons ofinfo! Bunny 101 Toys:
And here's a threadabout homemade toy ideas:
a. And Home Made treats? A lot of us here make these cookies or a variation of them. Bunnies LOVE them!!http://rabbit.org/fun/biscuts.html

5. I want to make a chickenwire extention to her cage (Since we have dogs and cats, it is extremly inconvient to let her run around.) But my mom claims it is "Inconveient" for her. o_O I don't see why- it is just a bit of room she never looks at, never walks through, has no access to wires or anything like that, and has no carpet or expensive floring. How can I convince her that this will be ok? Have you seen any threads on NIC (neat idea cubes)? They are awesome for building pens/cages. Here's a basic NIC pen tutorial: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28197&forum_id=21

6. I want to put in some sort of plushie for her. What would be ok? Plushies arefine as long asyour bunnyisn't a big fabric chewer. The onesmade for babies are the safest, the kind with stitched details.:)
Hope this helps!

Xila wrote:
Hello! Xila here, And I want the best for my bunny, and I want to check these few things-

1. I have a towl in her cage, and I often see her nibbling on it. Is this ok? If not, what should I do? I see threads saying rugs are bad, but is a towl different? (I'm talking an old bath towl)
I would have to say her eating the towl is bad for her (if shes eating it) but nibbiling is fine.

Where would I find this information? I've been thumbing through the book a half hour now and I'm having no luck.
You can give the company a call and ask, other then that bunbuns loves shredding the phone book! (it gets a little messy)

And:

3. What kind of home made toys can I make her?
a. And Home Made treats?
You can try making the cookies JimD posted about, they are great! I made it for bunbuns and he loves it!
You can make many homemade toys, like filling a toilet paper with hay, putting newspapers in a box, those little cat toys (with no pretruding parts) just get creative.

4. BunBun's cage is in a little corner by my computer- I admit it gets very dark and cold. What can I do about this? Do you think she minds?
a. When it turns winter, should I make her water a bit warmer than I would? ( Usualy I do pain cold tap water... I was thinking since it gets so cool where she is, if I should warm the water slightly.)
You can mix her water with warm and cold water.

5. I want to make a chickenwire extention to her cage (Since we have dogs and cats, it is extremly inconvient to let her run around.) But my mom claims it is "Inconveient" for her. o_O I don't see why- it is just a bit of room she never looks at, never walks through, has no access to wires or anything like that, and has no carpet or expensive floring. How can I convince her that this will be ok?
(No idea)
6. I want to put in some sort of plushie for her. What would be ok?
Yep! Bunbuns has several little plushie toys he likes to groom them! If you look at my blog there are pictures of him with them!:biggrin2:
make sure they dont have those big bead-type eyes that can be pulled off.
BUNNY COOKIES
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=6085&forum_id=1&highlight=bunny+cookies

hope i helped!:biggrin2:

Back