toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
Ok so about toys and stuff. I notice some peoplegive toilet paper and paper towel rolls. Now this might be a stupidquestion but I don't give those to my birds because of the glue, isthat a problem for bunnies?

Could I put an empty coke box in there for him to chew on?

Stuffed animals? As long as they are baby safe, they are bunny safe? is that a safe assumption? Poor Spring has no toys yet.

Haha...I've actually not really thought of theglue before...but I know that a lot of very responsible bunny peoplehere on the forum give the rolls to their buns.

I know the coke boxes are fine (I take the glue off ofthose...). They LOVE the tunneling aspect of them, and loveto chew them, too! :)

You can also give him newspaper (as they use veggie dye for newspapernowadays, so consumption is fine), in a cardboard box (sans tape orstickers). He'll love to dig in it, and shred it up to makesoft shreddy bedding for the bottom of his cage. You can alsowad up a few pieces (mine love to throw them around).

Another thing you can do is get some sisel twine and tie in tons ofknots (like one big knot, made up of lots of knots). My girlslove to chew on it. :)

You can also get some lunch sacks (the brown paper kind), put some hayinside, and tie it closed with the sisel twine. They LOVE towork at ripping it open and eating the entire thing (which is safe forconsumption as well).

Yes, if a stuffy is "baby safe" (meaning it has stitches eyes and nose,instead of hard plastic, and just regular soft stuffy insides), thanit's Bunny Safe as well. :)

Bunnies also like things like wire balls that they can pick up withtheir mouths and toss around...as well as things like hard plastic babykeys and such.

So, look around and think "tossing and shredding"...those are the key words to bunny fun! :D

Hugs!

Rosie*

Ok thanks. I'll take off the glue of those boxes and give it to him.

I'll try that with newspaper..how bout phone book? Those are made with soy now too aren't they?

I have sisal here at home :colors:

We're going to have fun : )

Oh, hehe, that's the thing I forgot...I wasliterally sitting here for a good five minutes trying to remember theother toy I give them.

YES...yellow pages are very fun for them, too. I literallysplit it in half (or thirds, now that I have my Trixie), and hand outthe sections. They LOVE it!! Right now, their cageshreddies are phone book shreddies. :) You caneither take off the binding beforehand or just check to see if he'seating it and remove it later on. Totally yourchoice. My girls haven't consumed the binding, so I'm reallynot worried about it. :)

Ah, yes...the resource files...another thing I forgot...

:embarrassed::foreheadsmack:

I'm such a goof sometimes...hehe!! :rofl:

P.S. NICE hotlinking, Michaela!! :D

You're not a goof!! You spent time typing out all the advice, I'm lazy and just posted links:rofl:

It's so cool that I can do hot-linking now, I have you to thank for that!!:hug2: I fixed it now, it said here twice:rollseyes

Aww...yer so sweet...:D

Michaela wrote:
You're not a goof!! Youspent time typing out all the advice, I'm lazy and just postedlinks:rofl:

It's so cool that I can do hot-linking now, I have you to thank for that!!:hug2: I fixed it now, it said here twice:rollseyes

thank you thank you!

I bought a few toys and we're going to rip the old phone book! YAY!lol. I'll try to finish today and post pictures. It's coming together.YOu guys are great!

I already posted this in another thread!:DBut here goes again! (I like to brag about my bunnies!);)

Some pics of our bunns toys!

Oh...I forgot this one before! I made"saturn rings" for our kids out of cardboard! They were andinstant hit. If they throw them they roll around and comeback...sort of like the bunn version of fetch...with little to nomovement needed!:D

Somemore toys and what is left of a basket of fresh basil!

And their cardboard house! Stuffedwith shredded paper! It makes a heck of a mess...but as longas you keep cleaning it up they are more than happy to drag it allout! I will even bury Dandi in it and pretend I can't findhim. He tries so hard to sit still he shakes, and thenfinally he jumps up and runs over to bump me and show me where he is!:D

is that a willow wreath from the dollar store?? I use those for my birds :)

Yup it is! Occasionally they break offa piece and I just take it away! Honestly they like to throwthem more than chew them! They really like the grape vinewreaths!:)

where do you get the grape vine wreath? craft store?

Yeah...I am in Ontario so I usually go toMichaels. But I have occasionally found them in dollar storestoo. Have to watch out to make sure they don't have a finishon them though!! I am going out this weekend to the appleorchard for apple sticks. Our bunns have never had them butthey are supposed to be a big hit. Good news is that we canhave as many as we want for free since they just mulch themanyway! And most of the orchards will be trimming their treesright about now before they go into bud!:D

that's cool, i'm in the US but we have aMichael's here in town. He is enjoying that coke box..he was in it whenone of the cage startled him and then he came out, munched on it..bighit : )

Oh, I like those "Saturn rings!" I might have to make those!

I get untreated grapevine wreaths from Michaels and HobbyLobby. They're super cheap. You can also getuntreated willow balls and grass mats at Pier 1.:bunnydance:

Check Bunny 101 for more toy ideas!:D

Latest posts

Back