Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganc731

Reaction score
I have been out all evening and I went to checkon Mr. Wiggles, he is doing SO well. He's hopping around his house andrearranging it :DHe ran right up to me when I opened hisdoor! And he's holding his ears up nice and tall, which I think is agood thing??? :?

I went to the pet store to buy him some toys before he got here, but Ireally couldn't find anything I liked. I bought one Parrot toy Ithought might be good. Except I hung it from the top of the cage so hefinds it when he ventures up there. I guess he was bored because he haddumped his food dish out and put a salt lick in it, too funny!

I just ran out of paper towel so I went online to make sure it was okfor him, one site suggested filling something with shredded paper, itsuggested unprinted news paper, is regular white printerpaperok?

Thanks!

Megan

I suspect it would be okay, if not quite asabsorbant as newspaper print. I had read most newsprint wassoy based and not harmful, but if you know(think) differently, I wouldnot encourage you to continue using it.

Buck

even better, i put a few raisins in the center ofthe toilet paper roll, then stuff hay on either side of theraisins. I pack the hay really thick so they have to pull outand eat the hay before they can get to the raisins....it's one ofEmmit's favorite toys!

-Carrie

well i have a lot of topys on my list but i have not tried any of these out i got this form: http://islandgems.net
and the toys are just things around the house. They are things liekstainless steel measuring cups, stainless steel spoons, tin cans (nosharp edges), oatmeal containers, hand towels, wire balls with bell inside, golf balls, cardboard boxes, Apple branches, paperbags, Parrottoys, Dried out pine cones, Downey balls, newspaper (no color), phonebook, Baby rattles, wwoden blocks, metal bowls, key ring with keys onit. Those are some of the things that the website said and you shouldtry them i have not tried any of them.

Emmits_mom wrote:
even better, i put a few raisins in the center of the toiletpaper roll, then stuff hay on either side of the raisins. Ipack the hay really thick so they have to pull out and eat the haybefore they can get to the raisins....it's one of Emmit's favorite toys!

-Carrie
That's a really good idea - will try that!

Jan

Hi Meganc,

Glad Mr. Wiggles is doing well.

I just bumped a post up from before about Toys. There are alot of ideas in there as well and I'm sure you'll enjoy reading throughit.

-Carolyn

Thanks for all the suggestions and linkseveryone. That really helps. Rabbits are a completely new territory forme and it's hard to learn everything all at once. I have 6 birds thatI'm much more in tune with, and then of course the cat and dogs, butthey're self explanitory.

Thanks,

Megan

Emmits_mom wrote:
even better, i put a few raisins in the center of the toiletpaper roll, then stuff hay on either side of the raisins. Ipack the hay really thick so they have to pull out and eat the haybefore they can get to the raisins....it's one of Emmit's favorite toys!

-Carrie
WHOA, Carrie! GREATidea!

Will be trying that!!! :)

wish I had the smileys downloaded

fantabulous idea!! (BunnyMommy can I steal your smiley's? *grin*

Cher

Back