Toys Toys!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teaagan

Reaction score
I'm sure most bunny owners have experienced what parents of human kids have... you buy them a great toy and they would rather play with the cardboard box!

So what are some toys (homemade or purchased) that you've found your bunnies have loved?

Mine personally haven't ever liked ANY toys I've bought except for a big purple castle, but are all in love with cardboard rolls and boxes. My old bunny Moo was partial to a rounded piece of cardboard.. needless to say it only lasted a day.

tumblr_lyk6i4E6O11qe3aixo6_250.gif

How'd you make the rounded cardboard? I think peeta and Polly would love that. They love throwing their blocks and love cardboard.

It looks like that rolled cardboard you'd find around napkins, when you work at food places.

I found that all my bunnies preferred the cardboard treat balls and tubes over any toy I could possibly buy - except for those hay mats. Often they'd lay and rip those up.

How'd you make the rounded cardboard? I think peeta and Polly would love that. They love throwing their blocks and love cardboard.

It actually came around a sheet set I bought haha :D But I would expect it would be quite easy to make your own, just get a pliable thin piece of cardboard, cut it to the length you would want it and create two matching slits in each end so that they can slot together. They'll have fun trying to pull them apart too :p

It looks like that rolled cardboard you'd find around napkins, when you work at food places.

I found that all my bunnies preferred the cardboard treat balls and tubes over any toy I could possibly buy - except for those hay mats. Often they'd lay and rip those up.

I've never heard of a hay mat, I'll have to look it up and see.

It actually came around a sheet set I bought haha :D But I would expect it would be quite easy to make your own, just get a pliable thin piece of cardboard, cut it to the length you would want it and create two matching slits in each end so that they can slot together. They'll have fun trying to pull them apart too :p

I've never heard of a hay mat, I'll have to look it up and see.

There fake hay and or grass Mats you can get.
I saw them at a pet store when I went to get
My hay for Thumps and Alice. The grass mats
Are the mats that you can use for your
Shoes. I never thought of that to be a "you"
Either but I suppose it makes sence.

http://www.petland.ca/small-animal/accessories/oxbow-timothy-bungalo-available-in-2-sizes.html -- this is a bungalo that is like the hay mats. They like them too, but they never go inside. Just rip them apart from inside out and then lay on the scraps afterwards. I couldn't find a mat.

Ohh phone books are great. We got several phone books because we're a house with several apartments and I stole both of my housemates (with their permission!). It was a huge mess to clean up after, but the buns looked like they had so much.

Tunnels! My buns have a concrete form from home depot which they love and it only cost me $6.
They also like those little plastic barrel shaped cat toys with jingle bells inside. They'll pick them up and throw them.

Latest posts

Back