Toys/Toy parts your rabbit likes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went to Michael's and picked up some of those woven branch wreaths and balls for Basil, and as soon as I showed him one he grabbed it and started chewing, so I'd say those are a success! Thanks for the ideas! :)

All my rabbits (well, except for one) love Balsa wood that has been soaked in apple juice and then dried. We just started giving them this new chew toy last week and they already know the sound of the bag and start jumping for them as soon as they hear it.

undergunfire wrote:
Thanks....I will have to check out Michaels and Oriental Trading Co (I think they are a magazine/online order only type company?). I also think those Chin sites stuff looks pretty cheap, but I bet shipping is going to be the bad part.

Oh...and don't forget everyone can go to World Market and get really long table runners that are made of natural grass mats for only $10 - I think something like 10 12"x12" mats are on it and you just cut the stings off to separate them! I was there like 1.5 months ago and they said they were selling out of them at my store, but its worth a look (I still haven't made it up there...have been meaning to go for weeks now!).

Shipping can on camphorchins (For a $20 shipping was $8, but she gives you freebies and she runs her own rescue so profit goes to help run it) but shipping on QMC is only about $5, but if you order in bulk it really is way cheaper.

I didn't get to go to Michaels, but maybe another day I will! How much did you spend Daenerys?

Less than $5, the wicker balls are $2.99 each and the rings 0.79 cents :) I got 3 rings and a ball, I only bought a few because I didn't know how much Basil would like them. Once he runs out, I am erally going to take advantage of such a cheap toy and buy lots more!

Thanks for the heads up on the shipping costs, Myia. I will have to place an order when I have the extra money. Sometimes shipping stuff into AZ is really expensive, so I usually never bother to order off websites.

Audrey, I am actually out right now but my new order is arriving this friday..so I will be making more, so I will def post a pic for you when I can!

I went to the Dollar Tree today and got some bunny toys :). They had willow baskets (not coated, so I assume they are safe...never had a problem giving the buns willow stuff from the Dtree). I also bought a 2 pack of giant bell balls, paper coin rolls (thanks for mentioning them, Ren!), and sisal rope. I also got a double sided food dish for Molly and Morgan now that they are bonded....and I got a new treat container that matches my bunny room (butterfly theme).....

4552277303_d98765f734.jpg

The paper coin rolls & sisal rope made all of these, and I still have about 10 coin rolls and many yards of sisal left.....

(2 coin roll "snakes", a circle, and 4 triangles)
4552919680_3d48106914.jpg

Close up of the triangles (tied the sisal rope together at the top)....
4552282671_91c36451a6.jpg

I hung up "the snake" in Jenson's cage, so I just wanted to post the picture here too. He seems to like it! You can even get creative and find a way to hook treats up to it.

4552779873_b32ffb6c23.jpg

Zeus' current favorite toy is a notebook he stole from me. It was open to some of the pages - so now he pulls out pages or parts of pages) and shreds them. He especially loves to do this when I want quiet in the bedroom.

We buy bottled water by the case - so we use the cardboard base it comes in to put in cages as a box for them to sit in/chew, etc.

Empty oatmeal containers become tunnels when both ends are cut out.

I need to take a picture of Sassy in her Oreo box...you know how at the grocery store (convenience store in this case) - you might see 12 packages of cookies in a small cardboard box sitting on the shelf? As a Kraft rep - I frequently give out samples - and right now I have a ton of these boxes left over that I'm giving the rabbits. Its so cute to see her napping in a box that should hold oreos.

My rabbits also like to throw plastic cereal bowls around...with or without food in it.

I am always looking for toys for my bunnies, I think I'm going to go to Euro World and Jimmy's Discount to see if they have some cheap things that would make good bunny toys :)

Back