Toy Suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitCarlie

RabbitCarlie
Reaction score
I've been having some issues trying to find toys/something to chew on for my rabbit Benjamin. I guess he's just picky. When I bought all of his original supplies I bought him one of those knot nibbler things, but he hasn't chewed on it once. He picked it up in his mouth and threw it, and hasn't touched it since. It's the same with toilet paper tubes. I've tried doing a couple of things with them and stuffing them with hay, but he couldn't care less. I gave him a grass carrot toy thing earlier today, and it's like he hasn't even looked at it. I just want to get him something that he can chew and grind his teeth on, because he has started chewing on the bars of his cage which I really don't like.

Do any of you guys have picky buns? What type of toys would you recommend I give a try? Thanks so much!

My 3 buns are kinda fussy too, especially Black jack. I keep trying things figuring the "boys" will use them if the rabbits don't. (meaning my husband's guinea pigs, they aren't nearly as fussy as the buns.)

So far, its a bust, cept for the straw pet store mat I found they finally liked. I have found that they really enjoy chewing on the card board hidey houses the kids made for them out of boxes and duct tape.

If you feed a good quality hay, toys aren't as important for grinding down teeth so much as for entertainment. The key is to find out what KIND of toys he likes. My rabbits are flingers. Harry likes to jump onto things. Some rabbits like puzzles.

Harry's favorite toy is his activity center from happy rabbit toys. He likes to jump on top as well as play with the hanging toys underneath. Johanna and Kevin like the stick bundles, like the ones that petsmart sells. They also like willow and grass balls. In addition, they like some of the fling toys that are also from happy rabbit toys. Megara is still new to me, so I haven't quite figured out what kind she likes. So far it's just the dog LOL.

Hi,

Both my bunnies enjoy chewing willow baskets and straw hats. Make sure they're not coated in preservatives or other chemicals. I usually find them at dollar stores.

also, when we have brown grocery paper bags we'll combine them together to make a tunnel. Trow some boxes on the floor for them to explore and crawl in...

Rick

I've been having some issues trying to find my rabbit Lucy. I have been giving her wood stick and chews, Apple sticks and normal or construction paper cut up and paper towel tubes. The thing is my rabbit can be straight out complete meany and definitely gets pissed off quickly. Have you tried giving him/her veggies their is a list of veggies they can and cannot have. The only suggestion I have is try different things with him/her and see if your rabbit is interested:bunnydance:

Toys from bunnybytes.com are great! They even have their holiday line up!

Latest posts

Back