Toy Ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shananagrams

Reaction score
Hi there! It's been a long time since I have been on here. My buns and I have become city dwellers in NYC. They both have their own rooms because one is still not spayed. While perhaps its an exaggeration to say "they have no toys" I think they believe that is the case.

Point is, they're bored of their mass amounts of toys. Lucy my rex will play with wooden toys, penny my lop is only interested in her plush angry bird toys (ahem...lovers).

Any ideas for DIY wooden toys? Or ready to purchase toys that are somewhat more enriching than a fake carrot. I need something new besides toilet paper roles with hay and paper. They have tunnels and boxes. I just need something to keep them entertained while me and my sig. other are off to work sometimes 8-10 hours at a time.

Here's Lucy who's feeling quite confident in herself.
dyw1va.png

That picture of Lucy, and your caption :laugh: Welcome to NY by the way, I'm about 100 or so miles upstate from you.

My toy suggestions probably aren't the greatest as it seems you've already been informed on most of the common ones, but you could try giving them pieces of plain pine wood, perhaps cut into shapes. You can also try rattling baby toys and baby links, cat toys, etc. I got these for my bun and he loves to toss them as well as chew them: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16236746&lmdn=Cat&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No I've also made a few toys such as bottle caps strung together with sisal, filled a toilet paper roll with pellets (to make it rattle) and closed it and wrapped it in sisal... Another thing you might want to look at is this website: http://www.budgetbunny.ca/ look under the "DIY toys" section and you'll see lots of cool ideas. I hope I helped somewhat, good luck entertaining your bunnies :bunny24

Welcome to NYC! I'm also somewhere within the city. I find my bunny changes her mind on what she likes, but so far she has constantly liked those cardboard boxes filled with hay that I've seen sold at pet stores. The best part is after the hay is gone you can refill it with more hay or treats and my bunny also likes to just through around the empty box.

Maidance and natsu

etsy.com also has come GREAT rabbit toys that have a nice, homemade feel if you don't want to make them yourself - many of them are super-cute too!

Welcome to Ny! I'm about 6hours from you in western Ny! My buns love baby toys, their favorite is a set of plastic keys! They also like cat balls with bells in them. Phone books are another favorite...they dig, shred and pull them apart..

Latest posts

Back