Towels?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilfly

Reaction score
I've read in several places ie this forum andbooks that our buns like towels to lie on.Sam likes 'digging' at it and nibbling it. I know they shouldn't munch oncarpet, so is towel bad as well?

-Gillian

Yes, any cloth can cause a blockage.See if he is actually eating it. My buns dig and pull attheir towels, but they don't consume any.

Jen

I used to put a small towel in my rabbits' cage,but came home one day and found Baby had gotten it caught around one ofher teeth. Poor Baby! I don't know how long she hadbeen that way - maybe all day. I felt terrible.

Laura

I use mats made out of Maize (I think thats howyou spell it) Got em at Pier1 for 80cents per square foot...they are insquares and you can cut em apaprt to fit etc. They are normally a buck,I got em on sale. My 3 seem to like em alot...and if they chew onem/tear em apart its not going to hurt them and cheap to replace!

Gilfly wrote:
Thanks for the speedy reply!

How do u know he isn't eating it?? :?That may sound a silly question.

-Gillian

I busted Star nibbling on a towel. I saw a couple of holes init. :?Not a silly question at all, Sweetness :p

Hugs!

ayglnu13 wrote:
Ya I cant give Nimue towelsbecause he just likes to use them as a mobile litterbox

~Amy

mobile litter box.....bwahahahaha!!!!

Ellie does the same thing....but she does love to dig and nibble on itoccasionally. There are holes in the towel from her teeth,but there are no missing pieces. I'm 99% sure she is noteating any of it.

Latest posts

Back