Totally want another bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionheadbunny21

Reaction score
I really want another bunny to add to our family. The SPCA doesn't have any. The petstore ... DOES, but I don't want to go there. They didn't even know if the younger one they had was a male or female.. OR how old he or she was :?The other ones there are older, which is fine, but they are male. I'm looking for another female so they could eventually be buddies. Or wait until I can afford both neuter and spay for Happy and the male if we get a male.

I have a 7 month old Lionhead and would like her to have another buddy.. I think I'll wait until after she is spayed :D The best choice at the moment. I have a dog as well that needs to neutered by 6 months, which is.. in less than 2 months.I just want another bunny. I've always had two bunnies and I'm not trying to replace my Shae, but its not the same with one :?I love rabbits so much and my husband wants another one as well :)

12765_082226_240000001.jpg

Here is Happy :heartsMy sweetheart, I love her so much =]

You cannot easily bond an unspayed female rabbit to any rabbit ; even if you got a neutered male the unspayed female may be aggressive and territorial .

it is best to wait and get her spayed and then let her pick out her own neutered companion at a shelter.
A male and female are easier to bond than female/ female

She is extremely cute.!!! :)

Keep in mind that male/female bonds (where both are fixed) are easier bonds than two females, even when both are fixed. I would wait until you can get your first bun spayed, then try to adopt a neutered male. Even if you have to drive a couple hours to a rescue, it'll be cheaper in the long run than getting him neutered yourself, plus you'll be able to do bunny dating and have a good idea if they will ever get along. Getting another unspayed female now is probably a recipe for disaster, honestly - the chance that two unfixed girls will get along is very very slim.

I totally understand. I've only had girls.. She was bonded to another female, BUT they were babies pretty much, so of course they were getting along. Happy is 7 months now. I will totally wait until I can travel and find her a neutered male buddy. Although it is 24 hour drive to Vancouver :(

Latest posts

Back