TOTALLY SHOCKED..... (growing bunnies)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fantaysah

Reaction score
Sorry about the title if that's not allowed. I returned home after my 4 day vacation tonight and was astonished to see my girls! Sugar as usual fat with attitude and pepper my tiny runt bun but wait a minute! What in the world happened to my bun!? Not only has she almost doubled in size but she's changed color! I had to do a double take! In 4 days my baby has grown a full out new outfit ! Her chest/stomach are ash white colored ! I am assuming that hormones ( had to separate them the day before i left for fighting) has hit them hard! Anyone else experienced such a sudden and quick change?

Pidge grew silver hairs as he got older when i thought he was black...but he spent a lot of time outside so idk...just glad i didnt go with blacky lol

ok guys here is a picture before and after ( couldnt get the same pose) these were taken exactly 6 days apart!!
17139_211923_550000001.jpg

17139_211923_540000000.jpg

Well not the same thing that is going on with you but last month I went on a week long vacation to Hawaii and came back to Harvey's points turning silver and in full out moult. haha. Now while I was gone there was a big heat wave to hit so his dark points are temp sensitive. His ears especially lighten up a lot.

Oh my gosh! We had pretty much this same thing happen with one of our rabbits. We had 5 kits that were still nurslings and we went on vacation for Thanksgiving (Wednesday through Saturday we were gone) and came home to find that one of them looked completely different. I was pretty freaked out. I called my mom who had been coming in to care for them. She told me that it changed over night, literally. Crazy!

I don't have pictures that best show the change because I didn't take many of this litter. We knew we weren't keeping the kits and I didn't want to get attached. I failed. LOL I still got attached.

Anyway, the gray one in this picture looked exactly like this as he got older, up until the change... We went on our trip and he looked like this, only a little bigger.

greykit1.jpg

We came home from the trip and he looked like this next picture (only a little smaller as this was taken about 2 weeks later)

greykit2.jpg

I swear, it took me days before I finally accepted that it was the same rabbit still. The change was pretty remarkable to me. My mom fell in love with this guy when she was taking care of him and she adopted him. :)

wow, that is quite the change! Panda's ears seem to be temperature sensitive and his black is turning white with this moult, but nothing so dramatic. A huge growth spurt too!

Latest posts

Back