Toronto - Orange Blonde Rabbit (Dwarf?) needs a loving experienced owner...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tofuhead

Reaction score
Let me introduce you to Margot
http://www.flickr.com/photos/babymeat/235361747/in/set-72157601497362147/

I have had her for a year and I am over the moon in love with her but I am sadly allergic to her. I tried to keep her has long as I could but I have made a firm decision to give her away. Another reason why I must give her away is that she does not get along with Chechi http://www.flickr.com/photos/babymeat/235361749/in/set-72157601497362147/

who I have had for four years. They want to kill each other despite attempts to have them get along chechi was injured severely at the hands of merciless margot lol.
I will only give margot away to someone who is an experienced rabbit owner and I know how lovely and great this place is when it comes to responsible experienced LOVING rabbit owners...Margot deserves the best because she is honestly the best rabbit I have ever had. Compared to Chechi, Margot is very loving, VERY patient, she LOVES to binky jump in the air and follow you around playing tag. Her spirit her vibe is soft, loving, always pleasant. She has no attitude. A true companion and joy to have for someone who ADORES rabbits. But sadly I'm allergic to her hair! If you have any questions about her you can email me. I'll be happy to answer them. I'll keep margot as long as I can until i find the most suitable owner because she deserves the best...Hope to hear from any of you fine owners.

Are they both spayed and neutered? If not, bonding would be much easier if they were.

Also, have you tried buying a HEPA filter for your home? I have severe asthma and allergies and 5 bunnies ;)Also, some people are more allergic to the hay than the bunnies so wearing gloves when handling it helps (or even a painters mask). Using hay cubes sometimes works as well.

they are both not spayed. i read somewhere that it isn't advised to spay rabbits when they are older? is this true?

what hepa filter do you recommend?

i havent seen haycubes at any of the petshops in toronto i gotta research into that.

the bunnies live with me in my room and i clean every day. but i have made a firm decision i must let margot go.

Hi, it is absolutely a good idea to spay them. A spay is safe until they start to show compromised health, but if they are otherwise healthy then it is safe.

Many does will die due to uterine cancer if they are not spayed- it is very very high. Because they can live 10+ years, by spaying them you can give them a great chance of living all those years as a companion to you.

I think too the suggestions that people make to you are to help you out since it would be sad to have to give away a loved companion, so I hope you don't take offense to the suggestions. I think people here are very helpful, and even if you have made the determined decision to let her go there may still be the slightest chance that she could stay with you. How are you sure that you are allergic only to her? It would be sad to rehome her if it turned out it is not the bunny you were allergic to. Best of luck!

tofuhead wrote:
they are both not spayed. i read somewhere that it isn't advised to spay rabbits when they are older? is this true?

what hepa filter do you recommend?

i havent seen haycubes at any of the petshops in toronto i gotta research into that.

the bunnies live with me in my room and i clean every day. but i have made a firm decision i must let margot go.

I have had chechi since she was a baby before I took on Margot years later and i am allergic specifically to margot's dander.

I do appreciate that you guys are trying to help me. I did read somewhere that it's advised only to spay young rabbits not adult rabbits. Am I wrong?

I read or have heard somewhere that rabbits can safely be spayed until they are 6 years old. After that, they may be spayed if they are deemed healthy enough by a vet.

tofuhead wrote:

I did read somewhere that it's advised only to spay young rabbits not adult rabbits.

Not true. Shelters/rescuesspaysomewhat older does all the time. I jsut got one done that is at least three years old. Also, if Margot were spayed, it would make her more "adoptable" as her new owner wouldn't have to worry about getting it done.

hello.... anybody out there interested? please let me know if you have any questions.

i would spay margot before giving her away but i'm paying for chechi's vet bills. chechi has a cyst on her back.

hi hope everyone is well. just wanted to ask if anybody out there is interested don't hesitate to email [email protected] or msg me on the forum, if you have any questions about margot. i'm looking for an experienced owner because margot's deserves a loving owner. thank you.

Still no takers? Some humane societies and rescues will let you list your bunny for adoption on their website, which might be another option. She is so adorable, as is Chechi. I also see you never got a response on what kind of filter is good. I have this one: http://www.kaz.com/kaz/store/product/ae47b8e3ee3a92ee6b42a0f8efee52fc/

Although my allergies are by no means gone with the filter, it does help. However, my allergies are primarily to the hay. I only get bothered by the fur if some airborne stuff gets in my face (ie it comes up from the bunny while petting/brushing, and gets in my face/on my nose). I also take 2 allergy medicines year round (although I have since I was a kid).

She doesn't quite look like a dwarf, but she's gorgeous. If i lived closer, i would take her in until i found her a more appropriate home for her(i can't keep mine in the house, they're in a heated barninstead) she looks like such a sweetie. Canada's still a five hour drive north of me.

She's very beautiful. A friend took in an unwanted rabbit from an agriculture-based person and had the female spayed at age five. She did fine with the rabbit-savvy vet. Good thing, because uterine endometriosis was discovered at the spay procedure. That female is now an ANCIENT, 8-9 yrs. OLD!

Females have serious territorial issues if they aren't spayed.

On this Christmas Eve morning, I will send a prayer that beautiful Margot found a home to live in ~ and be cherished for many years to come. I'm glad you'll watch over her until she finds the right home. She's Beautiful. :hearts

Back