"Top 10 Toys for Pet Rabbits"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Jack

Reaction score
I was wondering about these toys and whether if some of them are really safe and healthy for rabbits.
[align=center] [/align]
Top 10Toys for Pet Rabbits
Guide Picks
From Lianne McLeod,
Your Guide to Exotic Pets.

A good selection of toys will keep your rabbit active and prevent boredom, and therefore less likely to become destructive or depressed and overweight. Crumpled up paper, cardboard boxes and toilet paper rolls are a good start, but you should experiment with a variety of toys to find out what is entertaining to your rabbit, and continue to provide new toys or rotate the ones you have.

1)Willow Tunnel This is sure to be a hit with most rabbits - as a hiding place, play tunnel and chew toy. Safe for chewing and sturdy enough for extended play, this toy will likely be used in some way by most rabbits. Owners of larger bunnies may find the Willow Tent Tunnel from the same manufacturer a better option.

2) Jumbo Rabbit Hay Rattle A rattle, chew toy, and snack all rolled into one: this toy includes two hay cubes made from a blend of oat and alfalfa hay, along with wooden balls and a wood shaped bunny.

3) Willow Ball Simple but sure to be a hit. This four inch diameter ball is fashioned out of peeled willow. Great for flinging, pushing and chewing!

4) Bunny Ball Treat Dispenser Clear acrylic ball with small holes and a noise-making rattle. Place small bits of hard treats into the toy, and your bunny will quickly learn that rolling the ball results in tasty treats. The treat factor entices even rabbits who normally don't care for toys.

5) Rabbit Ring Toss Cute toy your bunny can chew or toss around: a collection of wooden discs and beads on a circle made of naturatl cotton rope.

6) Activity Zone Play Center by Timali and Co. This is the priciest toy on the list but also the most elaborate and are likely to be a long-lasting hit with your bunny. The Activity Zone features an array of hanging toys underneath a sturdy platform. Also see the Small Animal toy secion for an array of cute chew toys which are simple, inexpensive, and a hit with lots of bunnies.

7) Critter Cave Chew A large cardboard tunnel in bright colors. Colorful and afe for chewing, it is made of extra thick cardboard made to last for a while, even with lots of chewing. Like the willow tunnel above, rabbits can run through it, roll it around, or chew on it.

8) Busy Bunny Basket of Sticks Several chew toys in one, your rabbit will enjoy chewing on the fruit tree twigs that are found in the basket, then when all the sticks are gone they can toss and gnaw on the willow basket they came in.

9) Cottontail Cottage A three level cardboard climbing toy, this one is decorated to look like a little cottage complete with paned windows. Can also be ordered with an optional ramp that reaches the second level.

10) Leith PetWerks Vacation Villa Multi-level cardboard play house that is a hit with many rabbits. It is 21 inches wide, 21 inches deep and 26 inches tall and features 3 levels (floor, middle and terrace level). Some rabbits may take time to get used to going up the levels, but this toy takes advantage of the fact that most rabbits love hopping in and out and on top of boxes. Your rabbit is likely to chew it up too but it is reasonably priced so is replaceable.

Sparky and Scooter received a willow tunnel for Christmas and absolutely love it! They love to sit inside of it and have a nice munch at the same time. They also are big fans of willow balls. They never last long around my house.

I got them a Cottontail Cottage once, however it only took them about two weeks to destroy it. Free cardboard boxes give them the same amount of entertainment.

The Critter Cave Chew is nice, but I've found thecardboard concrete forms found in any hardware store to be more economical. Thebuns love to run through it.

I find cheap/free toys are the most played with - teething rings/keys for infants, toliet paper tubes stuffed with hay, cardboard boxes, etc.

I have experience with willow balls but wouldn't pay a lot of money for these as they really don't last long, once they lose their spherical shape and stop rolling then my bunnies lose interest and don't want them anymore.

I have also had a treat dispenser and the bunnies ignored it - they didn't care less and wouldn't bother rolling it round for treats.

BTW the vacation villa looks excellent!!!!

Back