Tonight's outside time and behavior question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
Well Spring went exploring everywhere today, inthe hall way, in my daughter's room. He climbed on us (bribed withcarrots). He loved those carrots. We gave him 2 cause we didn't knowhow much at first to give him.

When we put him up, he just hopped a few and then laid down like a cat..is that normal?

Please ignore the mess. I need to find that cloroplast to make a bottom. He sure does make a mess! lol

mjpring031507.jpg

It sounds like he's feeling very much at home if he's flopping down right there on the floor, with you.

Re. the treats (which is what carrots are!), it's best to give *little*pieces. They're very high in sugar, which is something bunnies canhandle in limited quantities - though they'd all like you to believeotherwise. ;)

Rabbits really don't need to eat a lot ofcarrots, but it's a common mistake many new owners make (I know Idid!). Their main diet should be hay and pellets, maybe with a fewgreens after they're about 6 months old. Carrots are okay for a treat,though! (You'll find several threads on bunnies' diets in the forum,look in the 101 section).

Lying down like a cat is a good sign :) It means your bunny is relaxed and feeling at home!

Cheers
Fiona

Well he had 2 carrots. He has timothy hay andpellets in his cage. I need to go vacuum that mess, it's driving menuts. I know it will look the same in the morning..lol

Good I'm glad, I freaked a little and my daughter "maybe you broke his legs" ...geez! She knows everything.

How often should I give "treats" The treats are going to be veggiescause I always have some with the birds like broccoli, zucchini.

I have been reading that but I missed the partof the carrots. Man did he love it. I'm going to print out the no nosand the oks but I think on the safe side I'm only going to stick tothings that are safe for my birds as well like kale, zucchini, broccolietc so I don't have a mishap.

I don't remember if it says this in the bunny101 section - but I recommend when giving fruits or vegies that youstart with the size of a quarter the first day - then 2 quarters the2nd day...

I just feel its better to be safe....than sorry!

Peg

P.S. Cute bunny!

I did see that. I think he only had 1.5 but he was just chomping on it but we'll cut up the next things we give him.

do you guys cover your bunnies at night? I read they were nocturnal so I don't know what to do about that.

Rabbits are [size="-1"]crepuscular, meaning they are most active during the twilight hours (morning and evening).

I don't cover my buns cages, they would just pull the cover through and eat it...

Flops are always a good sign. My lop Baxter always flops, and he looks so funny.

--Dawn
[/size]

Latest posts

Back