Today's Bunny Salads

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
[align=center]
From left to right:
Sabriel, Silas, Solara
190396_10150115223141516_546981515_6564980_2429221_n.jpg

Ingredients:
(All ingredients are individually cut up after cleaning and careful inspecting... cause I'm picky!)
-Bok choy
-Parsley
-Celery
-Cilantro
-Mustard Greens
-Collard Greens
-Romaine Lettuce
-Red Bell Peppers
-Yellow Bell Peppers
-Orange Bell Peppers
-Dandelion Greens
-Endive
-Escarole
-Strawberry
(They don't usually get treats in their salads but I felt like spoiling them today!)

YUMMY I should try something like this for my rabbit. I normally don't give her vegs or fruits because I don't get a lot of time to head out to whole foods.

Byfuzzerabbit wrote:
YUMMY I should try something like this for my rabbit. I normally don't give her vegs or fruits because I don't get a lot of time to head out to whole foods.

[align=center]Yes you should! :biggrin:

It keeps my bunnies quiet at night and they love it! They usually go straight into their cages for the night and they chow on it the entire night.

We get our veggies at Randazzo's, a fresh produce store around 30 minutes away. Much cheaper =) We usually have 4-5 grocery bags filled with veggies ONLY for the buns. They're SPOILED. I cut them these salads EVERY night.

It used to be a chore and really annoying, but now it's a habit and I'm used to it =P

Those look yummy and so colorful!
Last time I tried peppers they weren't a hit with our guys, think I need to try them again, esp. since we usually grow them and have a lot.
I thought our buns were spoiled, but your salads take the cake, LOL!

Tonight our guys and gal had,
Parsley, cilantro, leaf lettuce, mint, kale and blueberries

buns2luv wrote:
Those look yummy and so colorful!
Last time I tried peppers they weren't a hit with our guys, think I need to try them again, esp. since we usually grow them and have a lot.
I thought our buns were spoiled, but your salads take the cake, LOL!

Tonight our guys and gal had,
Parsley, cilantro, leaf lettuce, mint, kale and blueberries

[align=center]Yeah, I took peppers to the buns at the sanctuary and none of them really liked them! Kinda has to grow on the buns. Sabriel LOVES them!

;D Yeah, I spoil my bunnies a LOT. They're my babies. My friends get really annoyed with me talking about them XD

And =) Oooh, blueberries!
I gave my buns mint before but the mint we've found lately has red stems so I dunno if it's safe... lol
and they've already had their three meals of kale per this week =P! otherwise they woulda gotten some too XD

Mmm, I wish I had one of those salads too :)

I don't go to all that effort at all :D I just throw them a few leaves of lettuce, cabbage, a bit of carrot, pepper, broccoli etc.

CiaraPatricia wrote:
Mmm, I wish I had one of those salads too :)

I don't go to all that effort at all :D I just throw them a few leaves of lettuce, cabbage, a bit of carrot, pepper, broccoli etc.

[align=center]Aww XD Well I wouldn't go through the effort if I had five bunnies either. Unless some were bonded. =P!

Wow! Lucky buns! Now I feel bad about giving mine just the plain boxed one. Hubby is not going to like it when I show him your picture and suggest the same thing!:biggrin:

Wow, what a salad, I don't even get that creative for myself. MIne are still pretty young so I try to stick with just one or 2 things still, but they get romaine, parsley, carrots as treats, and I have tried collard greens and once in a while mustard green which they seem to love.

Helen: Baci is adorable, and I LOVE the expression on his face in your avatar.

Yes those are some spoiled bunnies for sure!! I thought mine were spoiled but now I'm thinking not so much! My buns don't get such a variety at one time. Usually just romaine or sometimes I might add cilantro or parsley and a little slice of banana or grape. I definitely won't be letting them see Your salad they might mutiny on me lol

Beautiful salad, and so varied! I usually just give her two different greens in the winter and add in a slice of apple (her fave--a must have). She also loves her carrots and green pepper slices. In the spring and summer I gather wild greens (like dandelion and wild carrot, etc) so her salads are much more varied then.

Spoiled buns, ha!

[align=center]Thank you! =)
Yeah they are very spoiled! I have been taking pictures and uploading pictures of their salads every night to my Facebook =)

They always go Sabriel, Silas, Solara.

189413_10150116131066516_546981515_6573711_658280_n.jpg

3-28-11
Contents:
-Kale
-Escarole
-Cilantro
-Romaine Lettuce
-Dandelion Greens
-Red Bell Pepper
-Orange Bell Pepper
-Yellow Bell Pepper
-Collard Greens
-Celery

198553_10150118080306516_546981515_6580877_1835668_n.jpg

3-29-11
Bunny salads.
Contents:
-Parsley
-Cilantro
-Escarole
-Dandelion Greens
-Green Bell Peppers
-Bok Choy
-Celery
-Collard Greens

188515_10150135565766516_546981515_6584775_6087993_n.jpg

3-30-11
Contents:
-Red Bell Pepper
-Orange Bell Pepper
-Yellow Bell Pepper
-Kale
-Endive
-Celery
-Cilantro
-Parsley
-Dandelion Greens
-Bok Choy
-Collard Greens

My rabbits and guinea pigs usually get the same diet.

Red and or green leaf or romaine,cilantro, bell peppers, endive (when I can get it), parsley(once a week), dandelion(once or twice a week), tomatoes, the pigs get dill added but not the buns because they don't like it. And then sometimes kale, chard.

[align=center]Yeah, my buns only SORT of like dill so we dont really buy it- even though I enjoy cutting it for some reason! XD

Wow! Those are awesome! I am new in the bunny world, so I am just learning here. My girl is maybe 4 months old and I give her just a few veggies and occasional fruit. When is she old enough to have salads like that?
And that is in addition to dry food right? I'm finding most people are giving their bunnys up to maybe 1/2 up of dry per day. I may be feeding minel too much. I was thinking they ate then they wanted and stopped when they were full?

Latest posts

Back