Today is the day, Fan or Not

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bassetluv wrote:
LOL...I smiled when he mixed up the words upon being sworn in; he was nervous! :D

Hi Bassetluv,

Obama didn't screw it up, the other guy feeding him the lines did.

GOD BLESS AMERICA! :big kiss:

pinksalamander wrote:
They were talking on Loose Women (yes, I'm really cool) about how there is so much weight on his shoulders.

I've been watching the Inauguration and now I'm watching the news about it :)

I was surprised when Aretha Franklin sang though... so much for freedom and liberty, still sing their own song over our National Anthem :huh
I don't understand what you mean re. the Aretha thing? I know Obama is a huge music fan ( Questlove was supposed to DJ at our soul weekender in November last year but Obama booked him and he had to cancel ) so Aretha would have been his ideal to sing I would have thought ...

Saffy wrote:
Ah .. sorry, I know what you mean now .. yeah, there was a bit of god save the queen in there ... god knows why, as it's a crummy national anthem anyways -

:( I like it.

I was working, but the house I clean on Tuesdays has a GINORMOUS HD tv with satellite! :biggrin2: This is the first time I remember watching a president sworn in. I've never been really interested.

I worry about his safety, and his family's.

I think that he's going to make some positive changes. I pray thatthey are good for all of us.

He wasn't my first pick, but I did end up voting for him. Now, I think I will come to really love his family and be proud of helping to put him in office. I really do.

Michelle looked so classy in her dress.... I loved it. The girls are just precious!

Hillary looked pretty good today also!

You'd think I was a democrat LOL! I'm a registered republican! LOL!

One of the things that I like that he keeps saying is that it is up to us, the people, to help turn things around.

Too many people have become dependent on bailouts and handouts. I hope this resurrects American pride to stand up and do our part to help turn things around. We can't just rely on the government.

The other thing; when he was talking about why he'd like to keep his Blackberry, he said he wants to remain available to people outside the White House, so he doesn't just rely on what people around him say. (They won't let him keep it, though.)

I am very excited for today, though I too am worried for him.

Our professor ended class early to let us go up the the "Hub" (central meeting place, cafeteria, etc.) to watch it on the projector screen. You can tell how interested a lot of people were... They just left. Our teacher even said to stick around because she ended class early because this was history. I watched it. I left as soon as he started waving at people. :p

Well darn. My satellite hookup wasn't working, I haven't watched tv for weeks. And the bunnies were out so I couldn't go in the computer room and watch. I'll just have to watch the videos later.:?

Oh, and GOBAMA!

:bunnydance:

P.S. Hi Carolyn!!!

During Thanksgiving dinner last year (wow that sounds so long ago!) the family and I all agreed we were thankful for Obama! :D We all voted for him and are so happy to see him finally in the white house.

:party:

I can't believe I missed it! :(

I was going to watch it, but then my best friend called to ask if I wanted to go and see her new baby. I could barely stand, but I didn't even think about saying no! Then me and Steve went to the cinema to see Frost/Nixon lol....

I'll have to try and find it on the news I guess! I've never watched an inauguration (sp?) before (I'm pretty sure that watching The West Wing doesn't count lol) and never really been interested too, but I was really keen to watch him. Being in San Francisco for election day was really something else, and the atmosphere there that day was amazing.

I love watching his speeches.... I really hope he can do a great job :)

I'm sure it's on like MSNBC news or CNN news website.

It's strange because he's got this "fanclub" like going on and it's making it so similar to the Kennedys. I was an infant, but I have read and watched things about it and people were in love with John Kennedy. It's like that with Obama.

I think it's so strange that everyone is so aware of our government today. I know a few things but I couldn't tell you the names of most anyone in governments in other countries now.

I DID hear that Prince Henry was caught again making racist comments.....

I had to laugh at my girlfriend this past weekend...

She told me that her family is going on vacation to Florida this year, even though they don't really have the money, because they don't know how much worse the economy will get under Obama. They are going to live each day to the fullestdespite a liberal being president.

Sorry, but my first thought was, "Could the economy get much worse?," and, "Shouldn't we all live our lives to the fullest every day, anyhow?"

I just think that Obama may have the power of persuasion on his side, versus being a "yes man." After all, the president doesn't make laws and amendments alone....

myheart

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I DID hear that Prince Henry was caught again making racist comments.....

Haha yeah, silly idiot. If you're gonna say it, don't film it! (And also, side note, don't use your helibopter to land in your girlfriends garden either).

Still I love it when they do things wrong. At least they are human.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Mouse_chalk, how was Frost/Nixon? It looks really interesting.

Myheart, my inlaws are the same way. Plus they totally think there will be a war now. I just thought, what about Bush's war? Oh that's right you still think the Iraq war was justified... I was holding a sign in a peace demonstration.:p

naturestee wrote:
Mouse_chalk, how was Frost/Nixon? It looks really interesting.
I really loved it! Was totally glued to the whole thing. I have to admit to not knowing a whole lot about the interview beforehand so I can't really comment on the accuracy etc:embarrassed: but I liked it :) We had free tickets too, which was a bonus!

naturestee wrote:
Myheart, my inlaws are the same way. Plus they totally think there will be a war now. I just thought, what about Bush's war? Oh that's right you still think the Iraq war was justified... I was holding a sign in a peace demonstration.:p
LOL... I wonder if the "republican" crowd realizes how much money the US owes other countries to finance Bush's war. The money has to come from some place....

Ya I love Obama he's a cutie lol, I like him and his family, they aren't all fuddy-duddy like the Clintons and the Bushes. I heard he said he would come over here for a visit since he has Irish in him, hopefully he does I would go see him.

I taped all of his speech on my cam and put it on my computer so I can watch it when ever I want, my little brothers homework was to watch his inauguration on TV lol. There's also this 'Yes We Can' song constantly been played on the radio, get's really annoying.

There's more excitment about him being elected then our own president....

I was at work today and they refuse to get us a television :)P), so I had to listen to the inauguration on my Zune over the radio. I had chills going all through my body when Obama spoke! I know he is going to do good for us and I have extreme faith in him to help us out. I love how he worries about our earth, as well.

I blasted my Zune radio so loud, just so every one in my room could hear it because most of them are extremely racist and didn't vote for Obama because of his skin color. I liked rubbing it in their faces by blasting my radio....hahaha. I made sure I announced to them when Obama was officially our president.

:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back