Today is the day, Fan or Not

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Well, regardless if you are a "fan" or not, today is the day that Barack Obama becomes President Obama.

Whatever anyone feels about it, I certainly pray that he has the ability to get the economy back on track..... this affects many others besides the U.S. Citizens.

I hope that he can bring peace where it is needed and that VP Biden does a good job with him.

It's a little scary right now.

I pray for that everyday as well. It really is scary out there. I'm a project manager for a construction company so every day I wake up and thank God that I still have a job to go to. Like you said, fan or not, I really hope that he and Biden has what it takes to turn this country around.

I for one did not vote for him and did not want him as our president, BUT I still hope t he best for him and wish him a good term. I hope he accomplishes everything he wants. Even though i didnt want him to win i still want him to do good.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
I for one did not vote for him and did not want him as our president, BUT I still hope t he best for him and wish him a good term. I hope he accomplishes everything he wants. Even though i didnt want him to win i still want him to do good.

:yeahthat:

I keep going back and forth on whether or not to watch the inaguration...it will be the first one in a long time I will have missed....

But honestly? I'd rather...clean house or something. Just not interested in watching this time - even if it is making history.

I do pray for him though that he can lead our country and help us out....and I certainly wish him the best of luck.

But watch the ceremony? I don't think I can bring myself to do it...

My dad thinks he is at a high risk of not reaching the end of his term and being assassinated. That would be awful if that happened :(

On a lighter note two of my dad's clients are going to his inauguration ball and the wife was so excited.

I'm watching live-streaming from MSNBC right now.
I'm with your dad on that one, Tracy :(.... I really hope it will all be OK, but I'm won't be surprised if he goes the way of JFK.
I 'm looking forward to his address. His response on the election win was very well crafted, and exceptionally inspiring.
He's a wonderful sign of hope, in stark contrast to Bush's presidential terms. I hope this man knows how much is on his shoulders. He better make it happen, man!

I am so hopeful for the future and for Mr. Obama's presidency. This is an exciting and very happy day for me. (Too bad I have to work!)

I do get unpleasant chills every time Mr. Obama is compared to Lincoln or Kennedy, we all know what happened to them.

I'm watching it live right now, just thought I'd pop on and see if anyone made this topic lol, I love him and hope he makes a good president for you guys and a good leader for the rest of the world, I'll be on when it's over!

I've beenlooking forward to seeing the inauguration for the past couple of weeks now, and thought I'd miss it because I was at work. However, our building offered to stream it for us....well, I got to seeboth Biden and Obama getsworn in, and got to see about 1/2of Obama'sspeech before the livestream completely froze up. Dang. Will have to watch it tonight on tv instead.

LOL...I smiled when he mixed up the words upon being sworn in; he was nervous! :D

Here's to a new presidency and hope for the future...for everyone. :pink iris:

I've just been watching the ceremony, coincidentally while revising Kennedy (I have a big history exam tomorrow). I thought his speak was great. He is such an amazing orator!

I have to say I'm having trouble revising history, when todayhistory is being made!:)

I have to agree with you though Tracey. I am terrified for the poor man that something is going to happen to him. There are some truly sick people in this world...:?

His speech was excellent, the amount of people that went to see it! It said the amount of people that went to watch it is the same as the whole of the Irish population.

I recorded all of him being sworn in and of his speech on my camera, it was really funny when he mixed up the words when being sworn in but it shows that he is human and not a Superman, which I think alot of people think he is.

I hope nothing happens to him either!

They were talking on Loose Women (yes, I'm really cool) about how there is so much weight on his shoulders.

I've been watching the Inauguration and now I'm watching the news about it :)

I was surprised when Aretha Franklin sang though... so much for freedom and liberty, still sing their own song over our National Anthem :huh2

Latest posts

Back