Toby won't eat!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we're discussing simethicone... the one caution I have with simethicone products (especially the infant formulas -- haven't recently looked at the adult ones) is to check the Inactive ingredients. Most (perhaps all?) include a sugar-alcohol such as maltitol, xylitol, sorbitol, etc. One of the main side-effects of these "inactive ingredients" in humans is ... gas.

When I buy simethicone, I allow myself plenty of time to stand and read all the labels... And I am more cautious about giving it!

Kathy

Toby seems to be going OK this morning. He greeted me in his normal, grunty bunny way. I got plenty of kisses, too! I haven't seen him poop much, but he is not laying around and being lethargic like yesterday. Today's bunny breakfast: Kleenmama's hay. He attacked the bowl and has been chomping away!

Thanks to everyone for posting!

Poor baby! He thought "HOLIDAY FEAST!" and got "HOLIDAY GUT!"

Glad he's better this morning!

I am just a little ticked at Will for leaving the pretzel bag out. The thing is, Toby pulled the bag across a 24+" side table to get them on the bed. :twitch:

He ate a good amount of hay, but I will have will watch for poos. There were only a few so far...

Ya just can't trust most men to keep their stuff picked up ... and then they complain when a bunny eats it (especially if it is a remote!)

Glad things are good this morning.

K

I really don't know how I missed this--so sorry. It's good that he's better and eating a lot of hay. Did you end up getting the simethicone? I got mine late one night at the 24-hr Sentry store in the baby section.

Also, I think some BeneBac would be really good for him because it could have been gas that was upsetting him, but it could have been a gut bacteria imbalance. There's no ill effects of BeneBac. I think most pet stores have it.

Bunnies will do almost anything to get at things they're not supposed to have.

I wound up sending Will to the store to get the simethicone and pedialyte. He found both and brought them home. I gave him .1-ish of a dose (whatever measurement they're in). I guess while I was out today, Toby was into EVERYTHING! He was on the bed, under the bed, binky-fests across the carpet... He was like a totally new rabbit! He even jumped up on the bed and gave Will tons of bunny-kisses on the nose. He normally will give Will a kiss or two, but this was full-on bunny kisses. He was his normal, mischievous self by the time I got home from work.

Latest posts

Back